Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

8 hours ago, R T said:

Caleb Jones - 6'9"

Yosh Nijman - 6'7"

Kadeem Tilfort - 6'7"

Luke Tenuta - 6'8"

Rasheed Walker - 6'6"

How many of those guys are going to make the roster? How many are going to start? The overwhelming history is our OT's that start and are here for years are 6'5 or 6'4. There are too many to list. There is the one offs. The guy from a couple of years ago that was here one year and was washed when he got here. He did play in emergency situations. Nijman is another but let's see if he's a starter this year or is here next year. 

For the record, I have nothing against taller tackles. I was just pointing out the historical fact we usually had 6'4, 6'5 tackle. I believe Tauscher was 6'3, but I could be wrong, he may have been 6'4. 

3 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Might come down to him or Justin Hollins. At worst he should make PS. Also wouldn't be surprised to see Gute sign somebody at that position. 

Smith, Enagbare, Gary, and Van Ness, who else do you have in front to those two? I think we keep six but don't know who else could sneak in front of them.

Also, everything points to Gary being back for opener and not on PUP, which is amazing and scary. Adrian Petersen came back in 8-9 months and now has a permanent hip issue because of it. I'd like to see them slow Gary down from his return for his own sake.

Edited by Old Guy

Might come down to him or Justin Hollins. At worst he should make PS. Also wouldn't be surprised to see Gute sign somebody at that position. 

Hollins showed up a bit last season so he’s definitely still in the conversation and he’s one of Barry’s guys from LAR. It will be a tough day if we have to cut Cox, no one wants to see that. 

Edited by Refugee

3 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Hollins showed up a bit last season so he’s definitely still in the conversation and he’s one of Barry’s guys from LAR. It will be a tough day if we have to cut Cox, no one wants to see that. 

If Cox shows he's got some pass rush skills, I'm finding a spot for him, no matter what. 

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

I think they call that a Bobbitt

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Smith, Enagbare, Gary, and Van Ness, who else do you have in front to those two? I think we keep six but don't know who else could sneak in front of them.

I don't think they keep more than 5. 5 DL, 5 EDGE, 4 LB, 11 DB. 

I don't think they keep more than 5. 5 DL, 5 EDGE, 4 LB, 11 DB. 

I think that may be close to how it shakes out. Also, a guy like Hollins can play some ILB and a guy like Preston could play DE in a light front. There will probably be some flexibility with slot corner/safety as well.