Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

32 minutes ago, R T said:

Remember back a few months ago when some people thought it was unthinkable that the Packers could try to go into the season with the WR's they had. There was a few campaigning to trade for Mims from the Jets, well because he would instantly be the second best WR on the team or so they thought. 

Mims is being released by the Lions today and I think the Packers are probably good with where they are with WR's. 

The Packers have 7 better wide receivers so don’t think GB or Mims would have much interest tbh.

Agree with Andy. 

Good to hear a vote of confidence from Coach Rich and Gute in Carlson’s abilities. Both stressed being patient and have seen plenty of potential. Of course, that’s what you have to say in public but action, or lack of, by not bringing in competition means they are giving him his grace period. Things will change in September but he gets his shot to improve. 

17 hours ago, Refugee said:

Good to hear a vote of confidence from Coach Rich and Gute in Carlson’s abilities. Both stressed being patient and have seen plenty of potential. Of course, that’s what you have to say in public but action, or lack of, by not bringing in competition means they are giving him his grace period. Things will change in September but he gets his shot to improve. 

Did Crosby struggle at first back in the day?

11 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Did Crosby struggle at first back in the day?

Just looking up his stats now, if you take the League average for kickers on field goals somewhere around 85%, Crosby only hit the League average or above that once in his first 6 seasons. His average in that span was 77%, with a high of 85.7% in 2011 and a low of 63.6% in 2012. Compare that to his last 5 seasons where his average was 86.5%, and twice over 90% in that span.

15 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Any additional information about De'Vondre Campbell being in a walking boot because of a foot injury? 

I see where Gute said he'd be ready week 1. 

Per Herman's video, he also says they say Campbell will be a go for week 1.  I can only think that this is a blessing in disguise.  Get McDuffie, Carpenter, and Wilson more playing time in the preseason.  Campbell is an 8 year vet, he doesn't really need the preseason.

34 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Crosby his rookie year (2007) was 31-39 FG and 48/48 XP. (XP's were almost automatic then). His FG% was only 26th in the NFL. He was only 12-19 from 40+. 

He wasn’t lights out but he was solid in his moments. His very first game I distinctly remember where I was when he hit the game winner over the Eagles. I can cope with a kicker not being automatic from long. But mid range and PAT should never be a question. It messes up the play calling if you can’t trust a 42 yard kick to go in. Our new guy has the leg to kick it out of the stadium, we want to see his accuracy and performance under pressure. Next audition is tonight. 

21 hours ago, R T said:

Remember back a few months ago when some people thought it was unthinkable that the Packers could try to go into the season with the WR's they had. There was a few campaigning to trade for Mims from the Jets, well because he would instantly be the second best WR on the team or so they thought. 

Did people really think that?  Or was it more the "bring him in and let him compete" mentality?

On 8/18/2023 at 11:14 AM, Old Guy said:

Rodgers is dropping hints, and the NY media is all over it, hyping it up. It's clearly being discussed inside the Jets organization. It is also clearly an area the Jets need to shore up. 

I doubt there have been conversations with the Packers about it though. 

There's really no reason for the Packers to even consider moving Bakhtiari.  The Packers have a vested interest in making sure Jordan Love succeeds, and the Packers are better off with Bakh at LT than Tom at LT for the upcoming season.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There's really no reason for the Packers to even consider moving Bakhtiari.  The Packers have a vested interest in making sure Jordan Love succeeds, and the Packers are better off with Bakh at LT than Tom at LT for the upcoming season.

I don't disagree with this and have said so. I do think General Manager Rodgers is going to put a ton of pressure on his assistant, Joe Douglass to make it happen. He gave up that cash and he's going to demand they get the guys he wants with his cash. 

Not say it is going to happen, but the Jets are going to be making that call if Bak is healthy.