Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

16 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

How bout we just kick out fans (green or gold) who sell their tickets more then "X" percent of time over the course of 2 years? 

It's all digital now, you have to email your tickets when you sell, easy to track. 

something has to be done, when your stadium is 40% opponent fans for your home opener, then season ticket holders selling those tickets should be more closely monitored, do away with the gold package, whatever it takes, I couldn't believe I was seeing so much blue in those stands.

then to top it off we see a blue player doing a Lambeau leap, that should never be allowed, we where dis respected as a team, and dis respected as a fan base from the divisional bottom feeder for the last 50 years, we need to exact some revenge on Detroit over this😝

We sure that moving Tom to LT is the way to go?

According to TruMedia and Pro Football Focus, right tackle Zach Tom was charged with allowing six pressures, left guard Royce Newman with five, right guard Jon Runyan and left tackle Rasheed Walker with four and center Josh Myers with two. The Lions sent only four rushers on 39 Packers dropbacks — they blitzed only three times — and still registered an astounding four sacks and 43.6 percent pressure rate on plays they didn’t blitz.

This was a team that, according to PFF, ranked first in the NFL in pass-blocking efficiency entering the game.

Given some of the absurd scores PFF has handed out this year, I'm not sure the PFF staff is smart enough to understand that Tom was correctly steering his man to a 10 yard depth behind the LOS only to have that be where Love was driven back to by the absurd push the interior line (Newman and Myers) was giving up. Tom is doing fine

• Like 3

1 hour ago, turf toe said:

something has to be done, when your stadium is 40% opponent fans for your home opener, 

You do realize that Thursday wasn't the home opener, right? You follow the team enough to know we did play our home opener the week before against the Saints.....right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tperk said:

You do realize that Thursday wasn't the home opener, right? You follow the team enough to know we did play our home opener the week before against the Saints.....right?

awe geesh, I forgot😖, still Lambeau is hollowed ground, we need to protect the home front lol.

17 minutes ago, Leader said:

It would be refreshing to hear MLF speak so bluntly.

He basically paraphrased this exact quote regarding the defense after Thursday's game. 

LaFleur Calls Packers’ Run Defense ‘Inexcusable’ After Loss to Lions - Sports Illustrated Green Bay Packers News, Analysis and More

“It’s insane to do the same things over and over again and expect a different result,” LaFleur said after the Packers gave up 211 rushing yards to the Lions.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

He basically paraphrased this exact quote regarding the defense after Thursday's game. 

LaFleur Calls Packers’ Run Defense ‘Inexcusable’ After Loss to Lions - Sports Illustrated Green Bay Packers News, Analysis and More

“It’s insane to do the same things over and over again and expect a different result,” LaFleur said after the Packers gave up 211 rushing yards to the Lions.

I think he probably stated (or intimated) similar things after we'd given up 211 yds rushing to ATL.
I appreciate Tomlin's clarity and definitive nature.

• Like 1