Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

18 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

“It’s insane to do the same things over and over again and expect a different result,” LaFleur said after the Packers gave up 211 rushing yards to the Lions.

It's almost like giving your team a DC who in all prior years as a DC never put together even 1 top 10 defense the reigns of your defense and then sticking with him for 3 more years as he never puts together a decent defense. LaFleur undoing will be the same as McCarthy. He should have never hired him to begin with but sticking with him for 3 years is inexcusable. 

The DCs hired in 2021: 

Jeff Ulbrich - Average Rank 16th - 0 Top 10 - 1 Top 5

Dan Quinn - Average Rank 5th - 1 Top 10 - 2 Top 5

Shane Bowen - Average Rank 12th - 1 Top 10 - 0 Top 5

Aaron Glenn - Average Rank 24th - 0 Top 10 - 0 Top 5

Raheem Morris - Average Rank 16th - 0 Top 10 - 0 Top 5

Joe Barry - Average Rank 17th - 0 Top 10 - 0 Top 5

The only coach he has seemingly outplayed is Aaron Glenn who had to completely rebuild a dumpster fire of a defense in Detroit that spanked us this last Thursday with steadily improvement each year. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

It's almost like giving your team a DC who in all prior years as a DC never put together even 1 top 10 defense the reigns of your defense and then sticking with him for 3 more years as he never puts together a decent defense. LaFleur undoing will be the same as McCarthy. He should have never hired him to begin with but sticking with him for 3 years is inexcusable. 

The DCs hired in 2021: 

Jeff Ulbrich - Average Rank 16th - 0 Top 10 - 1 Top 5

Dan Quinn - Average Rank 5th - 1 Top 10 - 2 Top 5

Shane Bowen - Average Rank 12th - 1 Top 10 - 0 Top 5

Aaron Glenn - Average Rank 24th - 0 Top 10 - 0 Top 5

Raheem Morris - Average Rank 16th - 0 Top 10 - 0 Top 5

Joe Barry - Average Rank 17th - 0 Top 10 - 0 Top 5

The only coach he has seemingly outplayed is Aaron Glenn who had to completely rebuild a dumpster fire of a defense in Detroit that spanked us this last Thursday with steadily improvement each year. 

I'm not defending the hire of Joe Barry. Go look at who started the Joe Barry'd again thread? 

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'm not defending the hire of Joe Barry. Go look at who started the Joe Barry'd again thread? 

O that wasn't directed at you more so at LaFleur for the idiotic "Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results" quote. 

3 hours ago, Spartacus said:

O that wasn't directed at you more so at LaFleur for the idiotic "Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results" quote. 

Agree, he's been doing the same thing over and over since he's been here. Now MLF wants to jump his ****. 

Either way, if he forces Barry to get it fixed or fires his butt, it's a major step in the right direction. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

I think he probably stated (or intimated) similar things after we'd given up 211 yds rushing to ATL.
I appreciate Tomlin's clarity and definitive nature.

Have you watched the Steelers in the last 3 seasons? They do the same old tired crap every week.  Tomlin vs LaFleur's verbiage while saying the same thing doesn't really matter.  Both will continue to run their teams the way they run their teams, they will win some games and there will be only minor rumblings, then when they lose again, the sky will fall one more time.  The Steelers are the exact same team that they have been since Roethlisburger's final season.  

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Have you watched the Steelers in the last 3 seasons? They do the same old tired crap every week.  Tomlin vs LaFleur's verbiage while saying the same thing doesn't really matter.  Both will continue to run their teams the way they run their teams, they will win some games and there will be only minor rumblings, then when they lose again, the sky will fall one more time.  The Steelers are the exact same team that they have been since Roethlisburger's final season.  

I'm not sure Tomlin's comments spoke to scheme as opposed to execution, effort, coaching decisions, etc in that game. I did find his comments more direct & forceful than anything I've heard from MLF. Whether it changes anything....cant say.

56 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ross is either intentionally being a **** or doesn't understand English. 

"Coaches going through a self-scout.' I take that as the coaches are all getting together and being introspective on their shortcomings and trying to make corrections. It does not intimate Barry is scouting himself. 

5 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Feels like it could be the end.

I swore I saw an article that said Bak was getting some clean up done now and then another surgery in a month or so which would allow him to be healthy for 2024. Meaning he's done for this year. We are not going to have him back at a 40-million-dollar cap hit. 

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

And it appears the Steelers are a mess.  You have to wonder how hot Tomlin's seat is getting...