Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

15 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Yes, it's because I'm British. And we don't rule the waves any more, and our country has gone down the toilet, and no one takes English people seriously as a result. We are life's biggest joke. We haven't won the World Cup since 1966 and what's worse on what I consider a 'safe space,' this Packers forum, my opinions are ridiculed and don't carry the gravitas with which they are intended. It's like I'm the Dean Lowry of the forum!

P.S. For those who are wondering, Dean Lowry has a PFF grade of 44.0, 2 solo tackles and 7 assists, 0 QB pressures, 0 sacks in 155 snaps. 

I know Dean Lowry. Dean Lowry was a sim-draft trend of mine. You, sir, are no Dean Lowry.

Dean Lowry stepped off the lift, put his luggage in the boot, and followed a lorry west until it smelled like Jell-o. His fame recedes him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Yes, it's because I'm British. And we don't rule the waves any more, and our country has gone down the toilet, and no one takes English people seriously as a result. We are life's biggest joke. We haven't won the World Cup since 1966 and what's worse on what I consider a 'safe space,' this Packers forum, my opinions are ridiculed and don't carry the gravitas with which they are intended. It's like I'm the Dean Lowry of the forum!

P.S. For those who are wondering, Dean Lowry has a PFF grade of 44.0, 2 solo tackles and 7 assists, 0 QB pressures, 0 sacks in 155 snaps. 

It's not down to your country for not being taken seriously, it's down to you as an individual.

Ruling the waves was a distant past that was impossible to maintain with the rise of superpowers like America, Russia, China and recently, India. no point pining after something that was totally unsustainable, going forward.

And as for the World Cup, that's not the only sport out there..........you could look at the Ryder Cup if you want more national positivity (even though that is Europe vs USA) or the Lionesses, that got to the world cup final, or the number of English high quality snooker players, or (etc, etc). In the end, it is whether you choose to take the good or the bad from your particular circumstances.

PS This forum was never a 'safe space' and probably never will be - too many divergent opinions argued passionately, for that.

50 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

He's got no quarterback. You add him to Watson, Doubs, Reed and Musgrave and you've got something. All young guys who can grow together. 

Except his 5th year option next year is 13 mil. I'd rather have Toure and the 3. Jeudy hasn't shown he's worth that next year and that's why he's on the block. How much is he going to grow? Fast enough to warrant a new contract? Pretty doubtful.