Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

41 minutes ago, Leader said:

Prices have escalated too much to throw him a deal that makes him the 5th highest paid QB in football.  I think he's going to get $25-$30 mil avg. per season.  Who knows .. maybe that is wishful thinking.  Maybe he and his agent bet on themselves and end up striking gold in '25?

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Prices have escalated too much to throw him a deal that makes him the 5th highest paid QB in football.  I think he's going to get $25-$30 mil avg. per season.  Who knows .. maybe that is wishful thinking.  Maybe he and his agent bet on themselves and end up striking gold in '25?

That's Rashan Gary money. Love is a QB, he's definitely getting more than that.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

That's Rashan Gary money. Love is a QB, he's definitely getting more than that.

He hasn't proven much yet though.  You want to give him a deal that pays more than a guy like Goff at this point?  I think he has to take a middle of the road NFL starting QB deal if he wants his paid now.  Maybe he and his agent go for a one or two year extension instead of four or five.  

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Love isn't signing for $25-30 Million. Put that baby to bed.

It’s almost like you’re celebrating that fact, you and Incog, and I don’t know why.

Is it the validation you crave? You both wear it as some sort of badge of honor. It’s not a good thing.

Like, “**** you, look at how much this QB is costing us. Lol. I feel validated. So much money, I love it.”

3 minutes ago, MacReady said:

It was a good move. I never denied that. But saying it wasn’t a move for the future isn’t a fair point. 

GB has won more games since making the trade vs how many they won before.  Use your own super bowl wins mindset on this 

..and use winning games as all that matters...

and view this as a move for the current 

15 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

greys-anatomy-owen-hunt.gif

My best friend I used to hate with a fiery passion until I realized he was my best friend when we were forced to have a sleepover due to a massive winter storm. We stayed up until 6 AM playing Risk together. What’s your address? I’m bringing Risk over tomorrow and we’re going to hash this out.

We’re going to be second best friends soon.

Edited by MacReady
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, squire12 said:

Yet the defense is playing as good or better after said trade 

because we are now playing more man coverage, with more focus on pass rush, that change was what Douglas wanted, same with Alexander, Barry is not using passive, soft zone coverage the last few games, imo thats whats changed.

maybe Douglas was a albatross holding this all back with poor attitude, same with Alexander, who can say, but the changes we see now imo are more schematic then personal changes

Edited by turf toe