Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

23 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I don't know what you guys think, but Jahmyr Gibbs is legit.  He is averaging 5.2 ypc with 5 TDs and has over 500 yards while splitting time.  He is also Detroit's 5th leading receiver.  Add to that, he has the speed to draw extra attention of the defense opening things up for other players.

And Jack Campbell has been in the very least, solid. I don't see a glaring miss between the Campbell and LaPorta picks that they will be regretting for years.

I bet they are pretty content with their return on their draft.

What would their record be with Williams and Swift? Probably 8-3. Maybe better had they taken Christian Gonzalez like they should've.

I don't think anyone ever doubted Gibbs was going to be really fun, but the Lions had Swift already, and he's proven to be quite capable too. Should've taken a DB.

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

Rare Exception #1: AJ Hawk

Hawk was drafted exactly where he should've been. 

Besides, when you look at that draft, just about every team in the top half of the first round should be regretting their pick - there were like 5 slam dunk "wow" guys (Mario Williams, Ngata, Hali, Mangold if you don't mind him being a C, Vernon Davis probably)  a handful of solid ones, and a lot of disappointment 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

What would their record be with Williams and Swift? Probably 8-3. Maybe better had they taken Christian Gonzalez like they should've.

I don't think anyone ever doubted Gibbs was going to be really fun, but the Lions had Swift already, and he's proven to be quite capable too. Should've taken a DB.

Swift seems to be a player who needed a change....he was fine with the Lions but not what he is on Phi.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Hawk was drafted exactly where he should've been. 

Besides, when you look at that draft, just about every team in the top half of the first round should be regretting their pick - there were like 5 slam dunk "wow" guys (Mario Williams, Ngata, Hali, Mangold if you don't mind him being a C, Vernon Davis probably)  a handful of solid ones, and a lot of disappointment 

Maybe, but he is definitely someone who fans NEVER forgot where he was drafted when his career is discussed.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I'm interested in the 'very important role' you served? In what context was this role important? Do you have some connection with the Packers other than this forum? 

Surely you don't believe your opinions on Love on a Packers fan forum served some sort of importance in Love's development. 

I’m operating on cosmic planes of knowledge. Directed energy, positive and negative, is the 9th most important component to any Super Bowl win.

16 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I’m operating on cosmic planes of knowledge. Directed energy, positive and negative, is the 9th most important component to any Super Bowl win.

You are operating on something that is for sure. Make sure you don't drive while on it. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Butterfly effect. If (nay WHEN) Love wins his superb owls, everything you've done will have been a contributing factor.

Thank you for your service 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Butterfly effect. If (nay WHEN) Love wins his superb owls, everything you've done will have been a contributing factor.

Thank you for your service 

If the Packers beat the Chiefs, I’ll officially be of the belief the NFL could want to turn Love into the next flavor of the year and let us win the Super Bowl this year.

Because that’s the 4th most important aspect to any Super Bowl win. NFL wanting it to happen. 

• Like 3

On 11/25/2023 at 12:52 PM, Mazrimiv said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with the Campbell pick at #18 for DET.  Each of the 4 guys they took in RD1/RD2 are already core players, two on each side of the ball.  If that's malpractice, I don't think that word means what I think it means.

Man I couldn't disagree more on this. Picking Gibbs and Campbell over keeping Swift/Rodriguez, and drafting Carter and another pass rusher is as close malpractice as you get. 

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Man I couldn't disagree more on this. Picking Gibbs and Campbell over keeping Swift/Rodriguez, and drafting Carter and another pass rusher is as close malpractice as you get. 

I think Swift was in the doghouse with Cambell.  Not sure there was much to prevent moving off Swift.   Montgomery was the replacement for Williams and Montgomery is the far superior RB.  

30 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I think Swift was in the doghouse with Cambell.  Not sure there was much to prevent moving off Swift.   Montgomery was the replacement for Williams and Montgomery is the far superior RB.  

Even so, a RB over a pass rusher or two there? If Detroit had a pass rush to go with Aiden right now, they'd be a scary team...Gibbs and Campbell don't remotely move the needle.