Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

Stop it please.

Jaire said "Defense" (instead of "defer").

So - the Refs cut him a break and asked for clarification...instead of what?

"Okay....you're on offense"

Huh??????

You don't know the rule, do you? It's obvious. You should stop when you are wrong. 

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

MLF didn't have stones last season when it came to Joe Barry.  And every week that worthless JAG is in our facility, it reinforces the fact that MFL doesn't hold his hires to the same standard that he does the players.

His failure to realize how awful JB was an is is probably going to cost this team their most talented defender.  Arguably their most talented defender.

So Belichick had no stones with Patricia? Or is that different?

I think there's a difference between poorly evaluating your coaches abilities and having the stones to fire him. For sure MLF has released coaches before. He has the stones to do it. I think he believed in the Fangio system, when thats been down across the board this season.

Don't want to interrupt the back and forth here, but if you forget the name for a second and focus on the player, this is no biggie for Sunday. Jaire sucked against Carolina and he's been subpar most of the year. The stats don't lie. 

At least Valentine and even Ballentine are going to grind out there Sunday night. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

You don't know the rule, do you? It's obvious. You should stop when you are wrong. 

What? You think this is the first time a football player has misspoken and been "helped out" by a Ref - especially a Ref that knew the HC's intent beforehand?

Just now, HighCalebR said:

So Belichick had no stones with Patricia? Or is that different?

I think there's a difference between poorly evaluating your coaches abilities and having the stones to fire him. For sure MLF has released coaches before. He has the stones to do it. I think he believed in the Fangio system, when thats been down across the board this season.

Again, I could care less what happens on any other team.  And let's not sit here and pretend like you or I really know anything about what happened in New England.

Here's the fact....Joe Barry has sucked for a long time in the NFL.  This is not new.  Last year he sucked too.  He changed his way enough for us to win a few games and that kept his job.  And that was the wrong move.

The fact that he's still allowed to be in our coaches box, or on our sideline is an indication that there are different standards for our coaches than there is for our players.

Screw up as a player?  Find the bench.  

Set precedent that you are captain in your hometown, but when the HC forget where you are from, then it's an issue and you forfeit a game check and cannot play for a week.

But continue to absolutely stink as a DC?  Yup.  Continue to get your checks and have influence on the team.

Big time lack of stones.  At this point and time, MLF has compounded his mistake last season.  And that compounding may very well cost him one of his best defenders for the future.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The refs should give every benefit of doubt, every leniency they have in there body when it comes to that rule. It's a nonsensical rule and you should never have the ability to lose a possession for no reason. being hardline on this would be very dumb.

Just now, HighCalebR said:

The refs should give every benefit of doubt, every leniency they have in there body when it comes to that rule. It's a nonsensical rule and you should never have the ability to lose a possession for no reason. being hardline on this would be very dumb.

Maybe this will be the catalyst for the committee to finally fix this stupid rule. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Would you have not paid Jaire, Michael, is that what youre saying? You would have done what instead?

Michael Rodney is a pervert dweeb who thinks he knows everything. If he did work in the national football league in any capacity, he would be bounced so fast it would make his head spin. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

So Alexander screwed up, the officials bailed him out when they shouldn't have and MLF is pissed off about it. 

Again....I highly doubt JA is the first football player to misspeak like this. I'd be really, really surprised if thats the case..and yes, the Refs helped him out.....which is a good thing to do....especially since they knew how MLF wanted it handled beforehand.

I dont think JA was suspended for misspeaking so much it was for his including himself in the entire affair when MLF didnt designate him - the reasons for which can only be surmised by you and I.

• Like 1