Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

6 minutes ago, LacyIsGood said:

If Bahk is back, then Walker to RT and Tom to RG?  Tom had a great year, but those elite movements skills could also help inside

Tom is your RT.  Walker probably becomes a swing tackle.

12 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

But Bakh playing 75% of the snaps with a $40M+ cap hit or Rasheed Walker likely playing 95%+ at just over $1M cap hit is a no-brainer.  And that's assuming a very optimistic outcome for Bakhtiari.

HE WONT HAVE A 40M CAP HIT.

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Tom is your RT.  Walker probably becomes a swing tackle.

He’s good enough to start though.

Also I wonder what plan is for Caleb Jones and Luke Tenuta?  They’ve been stashed for 2 years.  They gotta be doing something right then

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Why would he willingly give up money?

Not convinced he just doesn't want out .. he wouldn't let the Packers add void years to his deal last year, so they were only able to do what they could do without his permission.  I say shake the mans hand, wish him well, and then cut him loose.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Not convinced he just doesn't want out .. he wouldn't let the Packers add void years to his deal last year, so they were only able to do what they could do without his permission.  I say shake the mans hand, wish him well, and then cut him loose.

It makes more sense to roll that money into a couple veteran acquisitions at ILB and Safety this off-season.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

HE WONT HAVE A 40M CAP HIT.

You want to spread out his 19.5 salary and add void years don't you. 

22 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Why would he willingly give up money?

He won't he wants to add void years to lower his cap hit. I'm 100% against this idea. Just keep pushing money into future years for a guy who, he believes can play, "12 games!" 

That is an easy, hell no from me! 

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Why did Jones? Why have dozens and dozens of later career players in NFL history? Limited options, stability, no need to change their personal and professional environment.

He saw the running back market. 

Why wouldn't Bak allow the Packers to change his contract last year to help us get more cap space? He's not going to do a damn thing to lower his cap number. 

Love what he did for the organization, it's time to move on. If I remember you were one of the last ones to get on board with moving on from Rodgers. I get you are fiercely loyal to long-time Packer greats, but tough business decisions need to be made. Unfortunately, the Bak decision, from a business standpoint, isn't a difficult call. 

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

He saw the running back market. 

Why wouldn't Bak allow the Packers to change his contract last year to help us get more cap space? He's not going to do a damn thing to lower his cap number. 

Love what he did for the organization, it's time to move on. If I remember you were one of the last ones to get on board with moving on from Rodgers. I get you are fiercely loyal to long-time Packer greats, but tough business decisions need to be made. Unfortunately, the Bak decision, from a business standpoint, isn't a difficult call. 

Agree to disagree. Bakh wants to end his career here. Go watch his interview after going on IR and read all of his social media posts since then. I think Bakh is full of a lot of gratitude for how the Packers FO and medical staff have been there for him time and time again. He doesn't want to play anywhere else.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Agree to disagree. Bakh wants to end his career here. Go watch his interview after going on IR and read all of his social media posts since then. I think Bakh is full of a lot of gratitude for how the Packers FO and medical staff have been there for him time and time again. He doesn't want to play anywhere else.

Then he should agree to a pay cut which will allow him to stay. He's been paid three years for basically nothing. The Packers have done their part, now it's time for him to do his. 

Give him 5 million salary and we keep him. Give him a chance to get another 5-10 more if he meets certain criteria, playing time, and other things. Otherwise, it's time for a difficult business decision. 

ZERO money in void years! ZERO. 

Edited by Old Guy

25 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Why did Jones? Why have dozens and dozens of later career players in NFL history? Limited options, stability, no need to change their personal and professional environment.

It's going to come down to what Bakh wants with his life.

He doesn't have a place here if he doesn't come back to the negotiating table. If he wants to play, is healthy to play, and wants to play in GB we will find a spot for him.

Otherwise he's going to be cut.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

It's going to come down to what Bakh wants with his life.

He doesn't have a place here if he doesn't come back to the negotiating table. If he wants to play, is healthy to play, and wants to play in GB we will find a spot for him.

Otherwise he's going to be cut.

I absolutely agree with this. Everything I argue for keeping Bakh revolves around my opinion that he wants to end his career here and will work with Gute to do so.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I absolutely agree with this. Everything I argue for keeping Bakh revolves around my opinion that he wants to end his career here and will work with Gute to do so.

Agreed and knew that's how you felt. 

Seemed like folks were starting to talk past each other so I thought I'd put this out there succinctly so folks could understand your stance.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1