Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

34 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

I love Stupid Season 

This is almost impossible to pretend like it wasn’t just thrown in an AI clickbait generator. Simone no longer in GB, the mental gymnastics sadly gone down south. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Refugee said:

This is almost impossible to pretend like it wasn’t just thrown in an AI clickbait generator. Simone no longer in GB, the mental gymnastics sadly gone down south. 

If Gute had drafted Higgins instead of Jordan Love, we wouldn't be in this mess.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Brat&Beer said:

If Gute had drafted Higgins instead of Jordan Love, we wouldn't be in this mess.

We could have had the next VPOTUS throwing TDs to a first rounder and unlimited SBs and offseason theater. Gute hates joy. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, persiandud said:

wow....why did we give Keisean Nixon that deal? he's babyfood in the slot. terrible move 

if you want to be a good defense you don't settle on bum *** Keisean Nixon as a starter 

He's an all pro returner. I would guess that had more to do with the deal than him starting on defense, which I would assume is not happening next season. Maybe a dime but not a starter. 

9 minutes ago, Kepler said:

He's an all pro returner. I would guess that had more to do with the deal than him starting on defense, which I would assume is not happening next season. Maybe a dime but not a starter. 

oh give me a break bro, he's not an all pro returner talent lol 

his numbers are inflated by him routinely taking out deep kickoffs, which most of the time don't even reach the 25

that money suggests he's our starting slot CB. that's an awful decision. he can't cover for **** 

15 minutes ago, persiandud said:

oh give me a break bro, he's not an all pro returner talent lol 

his numbers are inflated by him routinely taking out deep kickoffs, which most of the time don't even reach the 25

that money suggests he's our starting slot CB. that's an awful decision. he can't cover for **** 

He was all pro in 2022 and absolutely played like one. I didn’t like some of his decisions last year, but to act like he isn’t an all pro level talent at returner is silly IMO. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

He was all pro in 2022 and absolutely played like one. I didn’t like some of his decisions last year, but to act like he isn’t an all pro level talent at returner is silly IMO. 

okay, let's agree to disagree on him as a returner

what do you think about him as a nickel corner? every team should target him relentlessly lol

10 minutes ago, persiandud said:

okay, let's agree to disagree on him as a returner

what do you think about him as a nickel corner? every team should target him relentlessly lol

I think he's up and down like most nickel corners. But I generally trust this front office's evaluations more than my own, and with a new DC coming in I really have no idea what to expect. The signing seems fine to me.

Before we agree to disagree on him as a returner... do you really not think Nixon deserved all pro in 2022? He led the NFL in return yards while averaging 28.8 yards on kickoffs (2nd best in the league) and 12.7 on punts (1st).

15 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

I think he's up and down like most nickel corners. But I generally trust this front office's evaluations more than my own, and with a new DC coming in I really have no idea what to expect. The signing seems fine to me.

Before we agree to disagree on him as a returner... do you really not think Nixon deserved all pro in 2022? He led the NFL in return yards while averaging 28.8 yards on kickoffs (2nd best in the league) and 12.7 on punts (1st).

he's not a good nickel corner. not even average

sure, he may have deserved all pro statistically speaking, but again that's because he takes a bunch of them out. i don't think he's an all pro talent as a returner. i'll say he's a solid returner at best, but he really needs to have better awareness and take the free 25 yards when the kick is deep 

15 minutes ago, persiandud said:

he's not a good nickel corner. not even average

sure, he may have deserved all pro statistically speaking, but again that's because he takes a bunch of them out. i don't think he's an all pro talent as a returner. i'll say he's a solid returner at best, but he really needs to have better awareness and take the free 25 yards when the kick is deep 

Can you name 10 nickel corners though?

You can probably get 5. But I'm pretty positive you won't get to 15 without looking it up.

6 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Can you name 10 nickel corners though?

You can probably get 5. But I'm pretty positive you won't get to 15 without looking it up.

i certainly can. why are you assuming my football knowledge is poor? let's have some respect for others on this site, i tend to think if you're here you probably watch a lot of football as i do 

if you think Nixon is above average, we can agree to disagree. that's a bad contract imo

35 minutes ago, persiandud said:

i certainly can. why are you assuming my football knowledge is poor? let's have some respect for others on this site, i tend to think if you're here you probably watch a lot of football as i do 

if you think Nixon is above average, we can agree to disagree. that's a bad contract imo

I ******* can't. McDuffie, Kenny Moore, was Metellus the vikings leader in slot reps? Brian Branch, is Mike Hilton still a thing? Kyler Gordon.  I'm running out of names.

My point is they aren't household names.

Let's take Kyler Gordon. He's regarded as one of the top nickel corners right? 78% completion. 94 QBR against. 2 TDs against. 9.4 yards/completion, 7.3 yds/target

McDuffie, probably the best slot corner this year. 67% completion 94 QBR against. 2 TDs. 10.5 yds/completion, 6.9 yds/target

Nixon 78% completion. 105 QBR against. 3 TDs. 9.4 yds/completion 7.4 yds/target

Instead of taking immediate offense against your person try having a conversation.  Answer the question if you "certainly can" would've taken less characters than what you put down and "shown me up" in the process.

If we go into the season without adding any competition to the spot I'll be uneasy. I fully expect guys to be added to the room. I don't love keisean in the slot and I'll be rooting for someone to overtake him.  

Without even looking at the contract I assume it's very easy to get out of after year 1.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1