Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

5 hours ago, Leader said:

Gosh, surprised the Commanders didn't retain him!

Also in such a depressed Safety market, where the top talent are taking really cheap deals, we certainly shelled out big bucks. I really hope X is worth it...

Why would Rams sign a safety for $13/2 and not bring back Fuller?  Seems two reasons.  I'm not sure either reason would make Gute love him?  
  1. They don't see Fuller as being as good, so they're trying to upgrade the position?  *IF* they don't hypothetically think he's as good as a $13/2 7th rounder Curl, why should we expect Fuller would be really good for us?
  2. Or, would they replace Fuller with Curl because Fuller will cost significantly more than $13/2?  *IF* Fuller will hypothetically cost significantly more than $13/2, would Gute really have the appetite to spend >>$13/2 on a second safety?  

-------
"Rams likely don’t bring back Fuller… clearing the path to Green Bay!"  
@MikeGarafolo....8h
The #Rams are signing former #Commanders S Kam Curl to a two-year deal worth up to $13 million, sources tell me, @TomPelissero and @RapSheet.

I looked at a couple of projected-salary sites for Fuller, from pre-FA.  One projected $12/2, basically what they gave Curl.  The other projected $9.5/2, less than Curl.  

So looks like the Rams who had Fuller just didn't think he was as good as Curl, and just went after Curl at $13/2 to upgrade the position.  

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Bill Huber -  Josh Jacobs said he had 10-12 teams that were interested. Love and Bisaccia among reasons why he chose the Packers.

I mean, let's be honest the packers offered the most money.  That's what it took.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

I mean, let's be honest the packers offered the most money.  That's what it took.

you don't know that

it's exceedingly likely that the financial package GB offered was among the most attractive. But he straight up told us other factors that went into his decision.

I don't get why people constantly think money is always the deciding factor. It's not true for "every day" people and it's not true for elite athletes.

It's a significant part of the consideration, but never the only part.

• Like 2

Ryan Wood -  Josh Jacobs is one of NFL's top receiving backs. He's caught at least 50 passes in a season twice. When he spoke with Matt LaFleur about role in Packers offense, this stood out:

"I was telling him, man, I feel like I want to catch a little more."

Music to Jordan Love's ears.

• Like 1

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -  Newcomer Packers Xavier McKinney (S) & Josh Jacobs (RB) are now both scheduled to be the top cash earners in the NFL at their respective positions in 2024. Keep that in mind as you hear all the other warm & fuzzy reasons they came to Green Bay.