Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

Definitely not a “worst” but my first jersey was an Atari Bigby jersey. He had a season where he lit it up and I always love a safety that punches above his weight. My brother got it for me as a gift because he knew I liked the player. I’m not usually a jersey guy. I was able to gift it to my host when I stayed in Jamaica and they loved it for the green and gold and Bigby’s Jamaican heritage. I still have a Woodson jersey that I wore during that SB run. I doubt I’ll buy another although Love is pretty classic just for the love. 

I liked Bigby, he was a good cheer for story

• Like 3

Back in 2002, I went to the Packers-Bills game at Lambeau. Bought myself a nice, new Sharper jersey at the pro shop before the game. Late in the game, Sharper injured his knee after an interception and didn't play again that season or playoffs, or for the Packers ever again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tperk said:

Back in 2002, I went to the Packers-Bills game at Lambeau. Bought myself a nice, new Sharper jersey at the pro shop before the game. Late in the game, Sharper injured his knee after an interception and didn't play again that season or playoffs, or for the Packers ever again. 

So, it was your fault his life went downhill after you bought his jersey. 

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

So, it was your fault his life went downhill after you bought his jersey. 

I'll take the hit for the knee injury, but everything after that is on him!

• Like 1

On 6/7/2024 at 8:50 PM, TheGreatZepp said:

What is everyone’s worst jersey/memorabilia purchase?

I didn't buy it but I stood in a wedding and the groomsmen each got a Packer jersey. Mine was Mike McKenzie, and I was THRILLED - "he's a stud, lifelong Packer!" 

The next off-season he held out and was traded, and on top of that was meh for the rest of his career.

22 hours ago, Tperk said:

I'll take the hit for the knee injury, but everything after that is on him!

It was a downward spiral turn. The knee injury lead to everything else of what he did.

31 minutes ago, Eternal said:

It was a downward spiral turn. The knee injury lead to everything else of what he did.

The knee injury did not turn him into a sociopath. I was joking when I make the original statement. 

8 hours ago, Leader said:

Y’all don’t have enough corners to cover my receivers!

I definitely think it impacts calling a defense when you can’t assume who is going to be the 1st or even 2nd read by the QB. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Old Guy said:

The knee injury did not turn him into a sociopath. I was joking when I make the original statement. 

Haha I know. I was too. It's a shame what happened to him and how he made bad decision after bad decision. I feel terrible for his family.

5 minutes ago, GBPFan said:

What did he do? I tried to Google what happened but all I got is old football stuff.

Really, if you Google “Darren Sharper charges” you will get some detailed results. This scumbag was drugging and raping women. At least 16 in his case that he caught In Louisiana when he played with the Saints. Nothing from GB as far as I know.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Really, if you Google “Darren Sharper charges” you will get some detailed results. This scumbag was drugging and raping women. At least 16 in his case that he caught In Louisiana when he played with the Saints. Nothing from GB as far as I know.

Totally disgusting. 

He immediately went from a player who I was working up a HoF argument for (5 first or 2nd team All-Pro, 8th in career ints, 3rd in int ret yds, 2nd in int ret tds) to someone where I feel the ick when I look him up on PFR. 

• Like 1