Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Uffdaswede said:

Not taking anything away from Doubs, but to me those highlights represent what MLF’s offense can do for receivers. If Love can continue to grow in his ability to see who will be coming open…this offense will be tough to beat.

The high pointing, the other red zone work and his whip at the top of his routes is definitely a plus for a Doubs. Also MLF can cook some routes up for sure, the drags and the natural picks create opportunity for everyone. I think it's a super good marriage and a great find for Gute.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

The high pointing, the other red zone work and his whip at the top of his routes is definitely a plus for a Doubs. Also MLF can cook some routes up for sure, the drags and the natural picks create opportunity for everyone. I think it's a super good marriage and a great find for Gute.

He's definitely not a burner...nor does the run the sharpest, most intricate of patterns....but he's fast & quick enough to get the job done and I love his ability to catch passes in traffic and that he's a committed hands catcher.

2 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Doubs has been our “gotta have it” guy. 3rd and Doubs was becoming a regular thing by the end of the season. I believe he’s a guy who really studies and sees the game well for a young guy. By all accounts he’s a hard worker and is always looking to improve. Coach said they gave him some homework for the offseason and he has taken to it. One improvement he could make from those highlights, staying in bounds and walking the tightrope for more yards. When he turns it up midfield, he’s plenty fast and doesn’t waste steps but he got out angled on the boundary a few times.  He’s also got some pretty nice vice grips.   I like that he’s kind of an oddball and doesn’t seem to be caught up in the WR diva persona. Just line em up and bring it to the defense play after play. He could take another big step this year.