Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

57 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

No chance he's behind Melton, the guy who fell down and caused an INT. I know it can happen to anybody. Just like a few drops can happen to anybody.

Wicks is better than Melton. Wicks led the league in separation per route last year. His route running is elite. Melton is a plus JAG. 

Don't think you give Melton enough credit.  He's really fast.  Decent hands and playing well despite the slip last Sunday.  Wicks has had numerous targets and has underwhelmed to put it mildly.  Agree with your premise he has a better skillset but he's been sucking all year long.  Hope he gets going but as of right now he's my #5.  Major disappointment.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Don't think you give Melton enough credit.  He's really fast.  Decent hands and playing well despite the slip last Sunday.  Wicks has had numerous targets and has underwhelmed to put it mildly.  Agree with your premise he has a better skillset but he's been sucking all year long.  Hope he gets going but as of right now he's my #5.  Major disappointment.

I would counter that by saying you are underestimating Wicks. Dude is always open. He's going to start making those catches. 

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I would counter that by saying you are underestimating Wicks. Dude is always open. He's going to start making those catches. 

He's been sucking.  Not underestimating him.  He's going through the softmore slump.  I hope he does get it going but for now he's been demoted.  Difference between him and Doubs right now is night and day.  One makes plays and the other doesn't.  He needs to get right.  He isn't right now.  

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Checks out with what we're getting most weeks from our OL vs. our DL. 

every time this gets posted it surprises me for some reason.  I always thought good o-line = good team, yet there are some putrid teams in the top 10

12 hours ago, Old Guy said:

No chance he's behind Melton, the guy who fell down and caused an INT. I know it can happen to anybody. Just like a few drops can happen to anybody.

Wicks is better than Melton. Wicks led the league in separation per route last year. His route running is elite. Melton is a plus JAG. 

Melton fell down once.  Wicks has been credited with 5 drops.  I'm not saying Melton is over him, but Wicks has been given plenty of opportunities and struggled to convert.

11 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Feel like you’re both right and wrong. Wicks is a nice receiver who seems to be on the heels of Doubs as a starter but Melton is also a nice receiver in his own right. Most teams #4 or maybe even a #3 on some teams 

• Like 1