Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

18 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

That's not even the worst of it.  I remember being literally one of only about 3 people who even wanted us to re-sign him. 

Was I one?  Lol I think I was in favor more than most seemed to be.

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

Was I one?  Lol I think I was in favor more than most seemed to be.

You were one of the few that didn't yell at me for imploring people to see reason.  It was an uphill battle for me to convince people it made sense to pay Bakhtiari whatever it would cost to sign him because you don't let okay to good left tackles go when you get them. 

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You were one of the few that didn't yell at me for imploring people to see reason.  It was an uphill battle for me to convince people it made sense to pay Bakhtiari whatever it would cost to sign him because you don't let okay to good left tackles go when you get them. 

Yep. I was trying to find the thread but failed. I know I had faith in him but I wasn't like oh man we have to do this either. You can't just let him go... The money felt fine to me but there were some that just didn't think he was any good. Maybe it wasn't as many as I remember.

7 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Unless they admit to being wrong and beg forgiveness they shouldn't ever rate another player ever. 

• Like 1

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

Yep. I was trying to find the thread but failed. I know I had faith in him but I wasn't like oh man we have to do this either. You can't just let him go... The money felt fine to me but there were some that just didn't think he was any good. Maybe it wasn't as many as I remember.

No, it was as many as you remember.  It's impossible to find because it wasn't a thread named after Bakhtiari, I think it was a Packer free agents thread or something, but I remember specifically people said he would require twelve million a year and that an okay LT wasn't worth that.  I'm not saying I thought Bakhtiari was going to go all elite on us because not even I expected that, but I absolutely believe you pay an okay to good left tackle 12 million per just to keep them. 

It's Packer fans again.  We've been spoiled by 20 years of Clifton and Bakhtiari. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

No, it was as many as you remember.  It's impossible to find because it wasn't a thread named after Bakhtiari, I think it was a Packer free agents thread or something, but I remember specifically people said he would require twelve million a year and that an okay LT wasn't worth that.  I'm not saying I thought Bakhtiari was going to go all elite on us because not even I expected that, but I absolutely believe you pay an okay to good left tackle 12 million per just to keep them. 

It's Packer fans again.  We've been spoiled by 20 years of Clifton and Bakhtiari. 

It's the same people who think everyone on GB's roster is trash until they go somewhere else, then they're all pros. 

• Like 1

I wanted us to offer Bahk 10m, with his extension he got 5/53 so I was happy. I've been a Bahk guy since day one. Bulaga tore his ACL the year he was going to move to LT, I wasn't worried. People called him below average or average before 2016/17 season started, just crazy talk. He was damn good as a rookie and now is the best in the NFL. I don't care in the slightest how my blindsided protector is in the run game, Bahk is far and away the best pass pro LT in the NFL and Ted came out like a genius on the OL shuffle. Also mad props to James Campen. Guy turned Bahk into a freak, and we can plug Lane Taylor and Justin McCray in at guard and not miss a beat.

19 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I wanted us to offer Bahk 10m, with his extension he got 5/53 so I was happy. I've been a Bahk guy since day one. Bulaga tore his ACL the year he was going to move to LT, I wasn't worried. People called him below average or average before 2016/17 season started, just crazy talk. He was damn good as a rookie and now is the best in the NFL. I don't care in the slightest how my blindsided protector is in the run game, Bahk is far and away the best pass pro LT in the NFL and Ted came out like a genius on the OL shuffle. Also mad props to James Campen. Guy turned Bahk into a freak, and we can plug Lane Taylor and Justin McCray in at guard and not miss a beat.

Bingo on the run game. I kind of said this today about high end cover corners who can't tackle, don't care. Got beat up for saying that like I'm some casual douchebag Madden fantasy fan.. But I just don't care.