Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

On 5/19/2024 at 7:44 PM, MacReady said:

I’ve been thinking about signing up for some self-defense lessons. Getting into that sort of thing. There’s a local Jiu Jitsu place. Don’t know much about this sort of thing though. Don’t know really what to expect. Anybody have some input?

I've been taking Muay Thai kickboxing for about a month. Down 18 lbs in that timeframe, my kicks are getting pretty powerful but my close quarter strikes (elbows specifically) and downright scary now that I know how to position my arm into the strike and use my lower body to generate force.

I'm also starting to show some noticable abs. Not bad for a 44 year old.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Have been dealing with pain on the pinky side of my forearm, feels like a little knot almost along the ulna. Supinating or even just stabilizing heavy dumbbells flares it up. I fear it is tendonitis that is going to be a real pain to get rid of without seriously dialing things back for a few weeks. 

Bought myself my first ‘speed’ shoe, the Saucony Endorphin Speed 4……..and unlike golf clubs, these actually do give you a boost.  I felt propelled forward.  Now, it’s not making a huge difference, but just in my first run, which I started slow and ended pretty fast, it was feeling pretty good and not as much effort.  And this isn’t even the top of the line shoe like the Nike Alphafly.