Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

I'll pound the table for vitamin D tbh if you're going to take one thing it should be that unless you are a lifeguard or work construction

100%. Get all the vitamin d you can.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Problem is most people don’t do that.

And some of us are deficient no matter how much sun exposure we get. I could go in the sun until my skin boiled off and still would be better off with more vitamin d.

18 minutes ago, iPwn said:

And some of us are deficient no matter how much sun exposure we get. I could go in the sun until my skin boiled off and still would be better off with more vitamin d.

Very true.

If supplementation were expensive or only mildly effective I’d say pass, but you can get half a years worth of D3 for 10 bucks and it’s proven effective.

55 minutes ago, iPwn said:

This is true and I do take a multi-vitamin with vitamin D.  From what the doctor told my wife, even if you expose your skin to the sun unless you don't take a shower for 2 days, your skin isn't going to absorb all that Vitamin D.  Everyone after they are in the sun takes a shower immediately after though (At least I hope, lol)...

9 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Avoiding the supplement route for now, but good to know.  I want to see if actually eating healthier and working out will make enough of a difference.  If it doesn't after several months, then I'll check out adding supplements to the routine.  You are probably right though.  All of my fat goes straight to the chest/stomach.  I have skinny legs and arms.

EDIT:  Just realized curcumin is Turmeric.  I used to make a tea with just hot water, turmeric, honey, and a little bit of cayenne.  Will probably start doing that again...

If it's chest and skinny arms you really need to increase your testosterone.  Any blood tests recently? Stomach is cortisol which can be affected with testosterone too and your estrogen isn't a problem which is good(skinny legs).  I would focus on heavier weights and eccentrics to get more of a testosterone result from your workout.  Something like 8 sets of 3 with slow eccentrics. After a month of that throw in a functional hypertrophy phase of 6-8 reps 2-3 weeks then go back to heavy eccentrics 2-3 weeks then go to a body building 9-12 rep scheme for 2-3 weeks.  You'll be able to "pump them up" with heavier weights.  Keep the rest intervals low on the bodybuilding sets and now you'll get more GH response and start to cut fat and build muscle.

If you want more detail just PM me.  Gets confusing writing it out in sentences.

14 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

This is true and I do take a multi-vitamin with vitamin D.  From what the doctor told my wife, even if you expose your skin to the sun unless you don't take a shower for 2 days, your skin isn't going to absorb all that Vitamin D.  Everyone after they are in the sun takes a shower immediately after though (At least I hope, lol)...

There's showering, and then there's scrubbing. You should just rinse yourself off in the shower.There's 0 need to scrub yourself in the shower every time anyway. Only if you have some type of fat/wax substance that got on your skin.

33 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I just scrub my face and one other area.  The water will take care of the rest. 

Should probably scrub your feet from time to time too. As much as I'd like to think that stomping around in the soapy water to take care of them, they deserve a little extra attention too. 

Just now, skywindO2 said:

Should probably scrub your feet from time to time too. As much as I'd like to think that stomping around in the soapy water to take care of them, they deserve a little extra attention too. 

ExcitableGenerousBrontosaurus-max-1mb.gi

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yeah, but I don't have any hair and I use wipes on my butt. 

What does hair have to do with anything?

I’m sincerely curious whether those who spend time with you think you’re as clean as you do.

I’m picturing Pig-Pen scoffing at a shower right now.

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What does hair have to do with anything?

I’m sincerely curious whether those who spend time with you think you’re as clean as you do.

I’m picturing Pig-Pen scoffing at a shower right now.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hair+makes+you+stink&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

I have never received a single complaint for being stinky since my hair fell out.  Except for farts.  I am very clean.