We Did it!! DARNOLD DECLARES FOR the DRAFT!!!

Mind Character

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

I’d trade for Smith. One year on his contract which would be enough for Darnold to sit. Heck I’d even take McCarron if he came reasonably cheap. 

With one year left on his contract, it restricts his trade value....

You don't trade a 2nd round pick or a 1st of course for a QB being paid 17 million when inflation and market adjusment means that same QB is getting paid 30 million now.

We wouldn't give a 2nd for a 1 year rental.

There'd either have to be some contractual understanding and extension agreed upon or it'd be hard to do a deal.

That's why the Mccaron deal is more likely assuming he becomes an UFA

7 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

That's why the Mccaron deal is more likely assuming he becomes an UFA

Plus, Huebris/Clhueless/Magic Jackson could not weasel his way out of failure since McCarron clearly was his "guy".

1 hour ago, cortes02 said:

In the past, the team with the 1st overall pick could negotiate with a player and sign him to a contract before the card was even handed in. Would not mind at all if we did this with Darnold. I just am not sure how early you can do that or if it's still allowed.

Peace!!!

No point to do that. Happen in the past because the process was so painstakingly long. It seemed like the next #1 overall pick wanted a better deal than the next. So to get a guy into camp on time you saw some teams state earlier that they were going to get this guy and started to workout deals. Heck one of the reasons they reported why the Texans took Mario Williams was because he was going to be easier to sign. 

With the rookie wage scale there are no more issues or concerns with contracts Unless a team gets sooner anal like the chargers did with Bosa

5 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Wouldn't surprise me with this bunch.

Come on Bruce!  Today’s a day to celebrate not go all eeyore. Did you see Haslam and Dorsey at the usc bowl game?  I’m seeing reports saying no way Dorsey passes on Darnold. Add it up and it’s happening!

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, buno67 said:

How so? We have no idea what Dorsey is going to do, so why be so negative about him 

It will not be Dorsey's decision alone.

And how in the hell did you read Dorsey criticism into that?

He's the only one I trust.

Wrongo, Buno

3 minutes ago, bruceb said:

It will not be Dorsey's decision alone.

And how in the hell did you read Dorsey criticism into that?

He's the only one I trust.

Wrongo, Buno

Cause you said us? Who’s doing the drafting. Hue has no say in drafting QBs. Didn’t last time, now why would he. Also sounds like Dorsey has full control of the roster so he would have control of the draft. So I’m assuming your knocking Dorsey 

Archived