Offseason/Training Camp Thread

J-ALL-DAY

18 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

This kid is going to be something. Something good. I'm only half-joking when I ask if  he is already our best drafted WR since Crabtree. Not a lot of competition there. Patton/Kyle Williams/Bruce Ellington are the notable ones with career receptions. And I don't remember anyone popping like this.

Maiocco said Williams looked really good today and has been a "new man" since the day off. Good to hear. 

Armstead had another strong practice. Back to back years the star of training camp.....Now lets just hope he stays healthy.

On 8/3/2017 at 3:16 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

So far no injury has been serious, but a lot of guys getting nicked up. 

5 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

Sunseri has been with the 1s, not James. In fact, when Reid was injured, Sunseri was the guy paired with Tartt before he was also injured. Then Jerome was called up in Tartt's place.

True. But they both did get work with the 1's when Tartt, Reid, and Ward all missed a couple of days of practice. And all I hear from beat writers is how impressed they are with those two. Haven't hear anyone comment on Sunseri and how good he's looked. Not saying that the end all, be all, but it says alot Thst those two are standing out versus others. 

13 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

True. But they both did get work with the 1's when Tartt, Reid, and Ward all missed a couple of days of practice. And all I hear from beat writers is how impressed they are with those two. Haven't hear anyone comment on Sunseri and how good he's looked. Not saying that the end all, be all, but it says alot Thst those two are standing out versus others. 

Really? I have not seen any mention of James with the 1s. Everyone has noted it was Jerome/Sunseri. It's great if true, but hadn't seen that. In any case, I put less stock in undrafted players standing out in practice vs. standing out in preseason. We'll see where guys line up and when in the preseason, and that is generally a great indication of where they are in their roster battles.

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

Foster seems to be around the ball a lot. I Like that. I know that he's had some plays where he's struggled and gotten beat, but if he keeps himself around the ball, I Think more good things than bad things will happen. 

Archived