Offseason/Training Camp Thread

J-ALL-DAY

10 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

#4 is the rookie Patrick out of Utah that they just picked up when BJ Johnson went to IR. Good length but also shows he has seperation skills and short-area quickness. I'll be keeping an eye out for him in pre-season. 

Seems like a good candidate for the PS. Definitely a good HWS guy.

10 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

One of these guys is currently a free agent...i'm just saying

I brought up Mangold ealier as well. I had forgotten he was still available out there. The injuries are a risk, but if he's healthy, or when he's healthy, he'd certainly be the best center on the roster, even with his declining skillset. I wonder if Zuttah could play guard if that were to happen? I know Kilgore had some work at guard back in the day, not sure Zuttah has ever played there though. I wouldn't be opposed to it. Bad offensive line play drives me nuts, so anything that  could make us better there. 

8 hours ago, Forge said:

I brought up Mangold ealier as well. I had forgotten he was still available out there. The injuries are a risk, but if he's healthy, or when he's healthy, he'd certainly be the best center on the roster, even with his declining skillset. I wonder if Zuttah could play guard if that were to happen? I know Kilgore had some work at guard back in the day, not sure Zuttah has ever played there though. I wouldn't be opposed to it. Bad offensive line play drives me nuts, so anything that  could make us better there. 

From what I can tell he started his career at guard and wasn't a full time center until he went to Baltimore. My guess is whoever loses the center battle kicks out to one of the guard spots. I think the real competition will be between Beadles and Fusco. 

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Surprise surprise, but Robinson banged up his shoulder and missed the rest of the practice.

Also, seems like he's not having a good camp at all. Kevin Jones said Garcon has gotten the better of him everyday. Disappointing.

If Robinson doesn't live up to the potential he showed last year, our secondary is going to be an unmitigated disaster. It'll be the equivalent of our run defense last year. 

Archived