Offseason/Training Camp Thread

J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Just looked up his pre-draft writeup.  Started every game this year at RT for Michigan, but a little short to play regularly at tackle (although I'll bet that is a useful skill in an emergency role).  Anyway, basically praised him as a good fit for a ZBS. Said he was great in space and great at hitting moving targets., not a road grader.  Sounds like a nice scheme fit for us if he can continue the solid play.

No surprise to hear Brown held his own with Miller. He did the same last year and he is good in pass protection. For him, it is all about how he does in the run game. Far too inconsistent last year and had a few mishaps last week as well.

Really unfortunate that the Broncos are wasting a SB caliber defense with a suspect offense or suspect QB play. 

Hoyer doing good against this defense is nice to hear.

vid of Goodwin abusing Talib on a double move...

https://mobile.twitter.com/BEASTwriter_/status/897901492098617344/video/1

All reports say our D dominated their O and overwhelmed both Seimen and Lynch. Read that their D had their way with our O-Line but that Hoyer and our WRs did make some plays. Hoyer was said to be clearly the best QB on the field, for both teams.

That's all super positive news, I was honestly expecting a lot worse. Love hearing Foster is making plays every chance he gets. Any news as to how our running game looked? Denvers defense wasn't very good at stopping the run last year so hopefully our OL and RBs showed well.

26 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

vid of Goodwin abusing Talib on a double move...

https://mobile.twitter.com/BEASTwriter_/status/897901492098617344/video/1

All reports say our D dominated their O and overwhelmed both Seimen and Lynch. Read that their D had their way with our O-Line but that Hoyer and our WRs did make some plays. Hoyer was said to be clearly the best QB on the field, for both teams.

Who said he's only a go-route guy! That was a fantsstic move that almost any CB would have a hard time covering.

Needs to get his head turned a split second earlier but that was really good coverage there. He was physical enough there unlike last week when he didn't even get a hand on Hill.

I saw a rep earlier in practice with Witherspoon and he had good coverage as well. I still think at some point in the season he will become a starter. Started a little rough early in camp, but seems to be getting more and more confidence. 

6 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Have we ever had our greats come back and "work out" with our team? I don't recall ever hearing about it, which leaves me asking...why the hell not?!? That's awesome though John Lynch bringing in his own contacts.

Maiocco said in his chat that he doesn't expect Witherspoon to start week 1 or anything, but he's really come on and the team should feel a lot better about him than they did in the beginning of camp. Rookie CBs usually do struggle in the early going so that isn't a big surprise or anything. Nice to hear that he is coming on though. With the Robinson gets hurt and Johnson being kind of shaky, he may be thrown to the fire a lot earlier than expected.

Archived