Aaron Rodgers or Brett Favre?

SkolMasterMN

8 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

People are still wanting to use stats to compare players from different eras and don't fully understand just how much the game has changed.....

I don't even know what to say about it anymore.

It hasn't fundamentally changed enough to justify more than double the INT rate.

9 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

People are still wanting to use stats to compare players from different eras and don't fully understand just how much the game has changed.....

I don't even know what to say about it anymore.

Throwing nearly 100 less interceptions in both of their first 10 years as starters speaks for itself. Idc what era your in

3 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

I think Rodgers is probably the better QB. 

Farve played when you could tee-off on the QB though, I don't know if Rodgers could take those hits. 

Both healthy though, I'd take Rodgers.

Favre also stupidly played through injuries and concussions that he wouldn’t have been allowed to in today’s NFL. 

9 hours ago, spilltray said:

It hasn't fundamentally changed enough to justify more than double the INT rate.

Right. It's because he was gunslinger. Marino who played earlier has virtually an identically statline across the first 10 years. He had 3 more touchdowns, 875 more yards) and 5 less interceptions (he also played in 10 less games). There's no shame in coming second to Aaron Rodgers though. Favre still comes ahead of other Hall of Fame QBs that crossed his era like Jim Kelly, Warren Moon, and John Elway.

Archived