The Parade

OttoGrahamsGhost

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If this doesn’t make the players angry and motivated to actually improve, there’s nothing humanly possible that can.

I guess my thought process in regards to this post is that if a player/players need a parade to motivate them, are they even worth having on the team?

Peace!!!

Otto, you may as well just tell us you dont like gatherings of any kind with any sort of protest conotations linked to it.  This is about as harmless as it gets.

The PLAYERS will forget about this quite soon.  A couple tweets, wow, big deal.  People tweet about all kinds of dumb #### and forget about it.  It doesnt represent genuine hatred for the parade.

Comparing this to some other types of protests is laughibly silly

9 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

As i said, therapy session for diehard FANS who have suffered through 20 years of the worst organization in sports history. 

All the people that I saw interviewed wanted nothing more than for the Browns to win.

9 hours ago, dawgdish said:

I think the parade makes the team and the city look worse than it already does. If they lined up with torches and pitchforks at Haslam's door (or at Flying J locations) I'd be fine with that.

Just a thought.....I'd avoid the torches at the Flying J locations.  

tumblr_no997fUL9Z1tmq1g7o1_500.gif

It was a lemon of a season, so I figured this would make the point.  ;) 

7 minutes ago, bruceb said:

All the people that I saw interviewed wanted nothing more than for the Browns to win.

Yeah, anyone bellyaching about whatever they THOUGHT was going on today might be a bit more enlightened when they see some of what was actually going on.

9 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

Otto, you may as well just tell us you dont like gatherings of any kind with any sort of protest conotations linked to it.  This is about as harmless as it gets.

The PLAYERS will forget about this quite soon.  A couple tweets, wow, big deal.  People tweet about all kinds of dumb #### and forget about it.  It doesnt represent genuine hatred for the parade.

Comparing this to some other types of protests is laughibly silly

I’ve never said anything about “dont like gatherings of any kind with any sort of protest conotations linked to it.”  There are reasons to protest and I don’t think this is one. 

I view this as a spit in the face of the players and having little effect to the ownership. Other players and especially free agents who are already put off by how bad the team is will be put off even more because the fans mock their efforts. 

I’m glad you think my views are laughably silly. Not sure where the comparison was to other protests other than it doesn’t effect anyone in charge just the people in the ground. 

I watched some of the interviews and some of the footage. I read about it on 3 different news outlets and also read even more media mocking the browns and now the fans than before. 

Maybe there will be some good that comes of it but other than the donations to the foodbank, I can’t imagine anything. 

49 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

Other players and especially free agents who are already put off by how bad the team is will be put off even more because the fans mock their efforts. 

I highly doubt free agents care about the parade.  They care of the stability of the organization.  

Example is last year where jefferson turned us down to go with the ravens for less money to play in meaningful games and we didnt have a parade for awesome 1-15 record we sported 

Archived