Divisional Round: Vikings vs. Saints, Week 19

Riddle

3 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Since October 15th the Saints have played 13 games in a row, while we have had two bye weeks in that time. They are coming off a tough playoff game against a division rival, and just lost Andrus Peat. We are fully rested.

We are playing at home, with a crowd that will be seeing their first playoff game in the new stadium. The Saints are 4-4 on the road this year, including losses in their last 3 road games. The Saints have only won 1 game in Minnesota in the last 25 years.

We already beat them this year. Convincingly. It was 29-12 until they got a garbage time TD. In that game their leading rusher had 18 yards. Diggs and Thielen combined for 250 yards. 

The Saints are a good team, but the Vikings are a better team, and we have all the advantages.

We beat them convincingly with Sam Bradford and Dalvin Cook. We do not have them anymore. As much as I like Keenum, he's not throwing for 350 yards and 3 TD's against the Saints. This is the one team I am not very confident against. Maybe its PTSD from 2009, but this game has me very uneasy. I do think our defense can give Brees and the Saints offense a migraine, but you never know with Brees at the helm. I'll be at the game on Sunday, so I'll try my best to do my part from the stands. I think it will be a close one, but Minnesota pulls it off.

how about bringing in retired Viking players for pep talks to the team this week who played in the 2009 NFCCG? Greenway, Winfield, Williams x2, Jared Allen, Steve Hutchinson, even Favre...

might want to leave Kluwe at home though.

and Chester Taylor could beat some guys with folding chairs.

Just now, vike daddy said:

how about bringing in retired Viking players for pep talks to the team this week? Greenway, Winfield, Williams x2, Jared Allen, Steve Hutchinson, even Favre...

I think Favre would try to steal Keenum's jersey and sneak into the game.

3 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

it is going to be SUCH a bummer if Foles somehow beats the Falcons and we (potentially) have to go to Philly instead of playing the Falcons at home.

I don't know, I think I might actually feel even more confident if that were the case. Eagles weapons are meh.

21 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

how about bringing in retired Viking players for pep talks to the team this week who played in the 2009 NFCCG? Greenway, Winfield, Williams x2, Jared Allen, Steve Hutchinson, even Favre...

might want to leave Kluwe at home though.

and Chester Taylor could beat some guys with folding chairs.

Bring them all in to talk... whatever it takes to win.

Buy the whole 09 team tickets to the game and let them come talk to the team

Archived