2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yeah, but Hooker didn't. 

Hooker had SIGNIFICANT medical red flags.  Same reason why Lattimore fell in the draft.  Doesn't do you any good if you're not on the field.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Fitzpatrick has that injury history that Hooker did.

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Not going to happen.  Going to cost way too much to move up to get him.  We're talking about throwing our 2nd round pick and probably more in order to get him.  That's not something the Packers are going to do.

I can still hope it does. If he were to fall to that 8th spot and we had the 11th pick id pull the trigger with a 3rd! Theres a possibility that happens.

57 minutes ago, tfalkgopack said:
23 hours ago, Kenrik said:

I can still hope it does. If he were to fall to that 8th spot and we had the 11th pick id pull the trigger with a 3rd! Theres a possibility that happens.

Really doubt Chubb falls out of the top 3-5 range but ??

Only chance he has is someone falls in love with either Mayfield or Lamar Jackson. If Darnold and Rosen come out, they're going 1-2. Barkley and Chubb I think have to be the first 2 non-QBs taken. 

6 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

Only chance he has is someone falls in love with either Mayfield or Lamar Jackson. If Darnold and Rosen come out, they're going 1-2. Barkley and Chubb I think have to be the first 2 non-QBs taken. 

Agreed. Rosen/Darnold go 1-2 for sure. First swerve would be the Colts. Chubb plays the premium position, Barkley may be the better prospect, and OT could be their biggest need. 

If Indy pulls off 2 wins to close the season (highly unlikely) it gets crazier with Cleveland owning 1 & 3. I’d assume QB and Chubb but they’d have to be interested in trading down I would think 

9 minutes ago, tfalkgopack said:

Agreed. Rosen/Darnold go 1-2 for sure. First swerve would be the Colts. Chubb plays the premium position, Barkley may be the better prospect, and OT could be their biggest need. 

If Indy pulls off 2 wins to close the season (highly unlikely) it gets crazier with Cleveland owning 1 & 3. I’d assume QB and Chubb but they’d have to be interested in trading down I would think 

No theyd trade down or go secondary instead of Chubb. Theyre secondary is terrible and they have Nassib and Garret at DE.   Derwin with an amazing combine which could happen or Minkah which is a stud that can play anywhere in the secondary.

7 hours ago, MNPackfan32 said:

Ted has never traded up with his original pick.

Doesnt mean he wont see the value if Chubbs drops and pull the trigger. Honestly even if he did get near GB i dont think Ted trades up because I think Ted will drop his value a tad on character concerns but man I want Chubbs.

Tampa and Indy would be the biggest threats for Chubb.

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 2:16 PM, HighCalebR said:

The Elephant sort of position intrigues me most for this team, give us what we're missing after Datone and Julius. I've found a couple guys, like Andrew Brown, but are there some prospects of that ilk who are a little closer to finished products?

Wouldn't you think that Bradley Chubb used in the elephant position is sort of a waste of a talent? I know he can do the position, that's not what I'm saying. I just think he'd be a better player in say a traditional New York Giants 4-3 spreading the ends out a little. Just like I don't think our defense was a perfect fit for Julius Peppers. 

1 hour ago, cooters22 said:

Wouldn't you think that Bradley Chubb used in the elephant position is sort of a waste of a talent? I know he can do the position, that's not what I'm saying. I just think he'd be a better player in say a traditional New York Giants 4-3 spreading the ends out a little. Just like I don't think our defense was a perfect fit for Julius Peppers. 

Strong Side Edge Rusher is Chubb's exact spot in the NFL.

50 minutes ago, cooters22 said:

I don't think we have shot at Chubb.. but if we did I have no doubt we could put him in a position to succeed. Julius did quite well here. 

Archived