2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'm just trying to make the warning that you don't necessarily project weight to be added to the frame.  And some players you don't want them to add weight to their frame or they'll lose their quickness.

Agreed, but usually that's the case on guys pushing 250+, any 6 footer has the frame to get to 190.

23 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

Would you take a WR in Rd 1 this year if you thought he was a HoF player? Asking for my friend, Calvin.

To me, in round #1, you take the best player available not matter of position.  Rounds #2 on down, look more towards needs.  JMO!

20 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

He has disappointed the hell out of me this year. 

I wasn't impressed with him either.  I watched the game and kept thinking, he's going to be the #1 pick in the draft?  The USC player that I liked most, was that #42, the OLB, Nwosu.

24 minutes ago, jleisher said:

To me, in round #1, you take the best player available not matter of position.  Rounds #2 on down, look more towards needs.  JMO!

It's all situational. Every bit of the draft. Dozens if not hundreds of variables in each pick.

31 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Agreed.

Enough variables for everyone to find something to complain about if it can match their MO.

I think a lot of the best posters on here had a shortsighted, angry phase before developing a better idea of what is fair to criticize. All these guys coming in screaming are in that phase. They stick around long enough they eventually realize how well we’ve been doing here.

8 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

I think a lot of the best posters on here had a shortsighted, angry phase before developing a better idea of what is fair to criticize. All these guys coming in screaming are in that phase. They stick around long enough they eventually realize how well we’ve been doing here.

For the most part I'd agree.  There's a fine line between rational and irrational.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

For the most part I'd agree.  There's a fine line between rational and irrational.

There’s probably 10% that come in past that phase. 80% that contribute and learn and figure it out without ever really annoying anyone. 10% that will just never get it.

10 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

If you are watching the MIA/WI game right now, you are watching the WI OL take a round of the MIA DL's stock for their own. Just complete ownership of the LOS.

I was not impressed at all with Miami. They live off cheap yards on offense and they are small on defense. Play a solid game and you beat them every time

Archived