Jaguars vs. Steelers Divisional Playoff GDT

JLambert58

9 minutes ago, Steelers22 said:

Well that was horribly depressing.  Truly horrendous coaching, defense was as bad as it gets.  Defense completely fell apart after Shazier got injured. 

With his status up in the air, MLB should be targeted within the first 3 rounds

I’d bet it’s the 1st rd pick as of now...

This is so disappointing because I truly think this was our year. If we were going to win it was going to be this year IMO. Window is still open next year but this year just felt right. We will need some immediate help this offseason. 

Well...I guess I’ll be a Jags and Vikings/Saints fan after today

Just now, Neumatic said:

This is so disappointing because I truly think this was our year. If we were going to win it was going to be this year IMO. Window is still open next year but this year just felt right. We will need some immediate help this offseason. 

Well...I guess I’ll be a Jags and Vikings/Saints fan after today

I think our window got much smaller after losing Shazier.

19 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

10 seconds likely doesn't win the game, but it gives you a chance. And it's a mistake we've seen made by Tomlin over and over again always with moronic explanations to justify it. He. Does. Not. Learn.

how about the approx 30 seconds wasted by players staying in bounds? It could hav ebeenmore, I just remembered a few plays near the end and wtf, get out of bounds

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

The defense has fallen because we lost and all time great defensive coordinator and a slew of amazing players in a short timeframe....and havent been able to replace them.   Hell, it would be unrealistic to think we would.      Im not saying we shouldnt expect more from our defense, but our defense wouldve likely fallen off in a huge way regardless of who was coaching.....especially when we have failed miserably at finding/developing defensive backs and pass rushers the last 5 or so years.

Tomlin isnt great.   If he was a QB, Id equate him to Alex Smith......a guy who is limited, but is good enough to win you games, and you have a better chance of doing worse than him than finding an upgrade....because the cold hard reality is, there arent many great head coaches in this league.  

Is the defensive rebuild on a 10 year plan here? And how does the Shazier injury impact it? Will Haden be in a wheel chair when it happens?

And they fired Lebeau. How is that an excuse for what's happening here? And they didn't even bother to look outside the organization for a replacement - they just bumped up Butler.

Just now, 3rivers said:

do you think with how bad this team was today that it could be enough to shake up  the ranks as you pointed out? It was pathetic despite what the score said. When 1/4 of the fans leave that early in the game, that says something 

I would hope so, but they'll probably point to  "well we're picking in the late 20s, so I mean, we can't get a difference making player why mess with what mostly works".

This team has enough* to try to bandaid a 2 year window on with an agressive GM/coach.   It would require all-in level risk/reward moves though.   I don't have a problem with that, I think we have a decade of mediocrity/losing in store with Tomlin anyways.

Just now, 3rivers said:

how about the approx 30 seconds wasted by players staying in bounds? It could hav ebeenmore, I just remembered a few plays near the end and wtf, get out of bounds

This was pointed out in the moment. It's a dumb football team top to bottom.

20 minutes ago, 1BackInBlackFan said:

So Simms just said that Ben checked out of that last fourth down play.

and he also said tomlin made a bad decision with the onside kick. I didn't because his D was useless and couldn't stop anything. The D was the worst I have seen since tebow beat them and even that wasn't as bad overall or was it? Well that was what 6 years ago? 

Just now, SlevinKelevra said:

I would hope so, but they'll probably point to  "well we're picking in the late 20s, so I mean, we can't get a difference making player why mess with what mostly works".

This team has enough* to try to bandaid a 2 year window on with an agressive GM/coach.   It would require all-in level risk/reward moves though.   I don't have a problem with that, I think we have a decade of mediocrity/losing in store with Tomlin anyways.

This. Elway basically bought Manning another ring with that sort of approach. He'll likely never build another team, but who cares? He succeeded. Once Ben goes, I have little faith Tomlin will ever build anything of his own.

Archived