Super4

Trade or Release Dez Bryant?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Trade or Release Dez Bryant?

• Yes, it's his time to go.
    • No, he's still valueable.
    • Not yet; find his replacement.

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Yeah it's going to be a faux extension I'm sure, with a main goal of lowering the non-producing misbehaving WRs cap hit.

It's not going to be a better deal for Dez, and it wouldn't even be considered if he was producing at the level we expect. So I wouldn't think of it as a reward for Dez.

Dez would most likely get an extra year or two of security with this faux extension correct? If that's true, then it could be seen as Dez receiving a reward. It's a tough choice, because if he was given an extension, the cap relief could be used to sign better players in FA. 

But if I were to play Devil's Advocate: wouldn't you rather see if Dez and Dak could work it out for one more season and then decide if you wanted to cut bait or not? 

11 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

Or you can wait to see how the draft plays out. Maybe Calvin Ridley or Christian Kirk falls and you now have a young, dynamic receiver who will help you move on from Dez after the 2019 season.

Both excellent players, neither are X receivers though. The draft is loaded with Z receivers this year, but the true #1 X receivers aren't really there unless you like Sutton.

2 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Both excellent players, neither are X receivers though. The draft is loaded with Z receivers this year, but the true #1 X receivers aren't really there unless you like Sutton.

Which I do. 

13 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

Dez would most likely get an extra year or two of security with this faux extension correct? If that's true, then it could be seen as Dez receiving a reward.

Well, he is probably going to come out about the same cash wise. He will just have to wait longer to get it. It's not a reward because Dez doesn't want it.

It's the same reason people pick cash value option in lottery instead of the 30 year annuity. The security isn't that appealing when it's about the same money. 

Also I think Dez is a better WR than Dak is a QB. Dak is younger so he wins, but Dez is a 1,200 yard 10+ TD WR on several teams. Dak is never going to be a consistent 4,000 yard 30+ TD top flight PASSING QB. And would probably be exposed on several teams with less effective run games and pass heavy playbooks.

Archived