Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Where did I say that Jaguars would trade UFA Robinson away?

You're talking about us trading for Robinson. If the Jags tag him 1st off, I believe they do that bc they want to keep him, not trade him.

But to entertain what you're saying... I'm a huge AR15 fan but I don't think he's worth us giving up picks for, all while paying him a HUGE salary. If he becomes an UFA than by all means I want the Jets to go hard after him. But I certainly don't think we value him or the WR position enough as such a huge need to give up valuable picks along with paying the guy 15mill per. Just not realistic.

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You're talking about us trading for Robinson. If the Jags tag him 1st off, I believe they do that bc they want to keep him, not trade him.

But to entertain what you're saying... I'm a huge AR15 fan but I don't think he's worth us giving up picks for, all while paying him a HUGE salary. If he becomes an UFA than by all means I want the Jets to go hard after him. But I certainly don't think we value him or the WR position enough as such a huge need to give up valuable picks along with paying the guy 15mill per. Just not realistic.

I said he would be tagged so I treated him like one.  In current state of NFL, Jaguars have yet to tag Robinson. They have time to make a F-tag decision if Robinson won't accept one year contract.  Jaguars aren't keen of locking up Robinson in long term.  Jalen Ramsey chimed his concern about Jaguars' behavior towards Robinson.

I just put up Robinson's value for trade in case if Jets are pondering to make a trade for him. If that happens what will be his value.  Any higher than my recommendation is terrible.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

I said he would be tagged so I treated him like one.  In current state of NFL, Jaguars have yet to tag Robinson. They have time to make a F-tag decision if Robinson won't accept one year contract.  Jaguars aren't keen of locking up Robinson in long term.  Jalen Ramsey chimed his concern about Jaguars' behavior towards Robinson.

I just put up Robinson's value for trade in case if Jets are pondering to make a trade for him. If that happens what will be his value.  Any higher than my recommendation is terrible.

I think the Jags either tag him and he plays under the tag (he has little leverage coming off an ACL tear). Or they let him test the market. I personally think he gets more than a 1yr deal and gets somewhere around 10-15mill per, mainly bc ACL tears aren't as bad as they used to be. Jacksonville does have some wiggle room though. They paid Hurns, but his guaranteed money is done. If you ask me Hurns is a bargain at 7mill this year, but the Jags could cut him to free up some cap space. The other thing to keep in mind with the Jags is that they just went to the AFCCG without Robinson the whole year and Hurns nearly 1.2 the year. They might not value the WR position too much to pay a guy big. Lee is a FA as well. So they have options on the table as what to do. IMO I think they keep AR15 on a multiyear deal, keep Hurns at his salary and let Lee walk. We should be looking into the draft deeply as well as other FA like Matthews, Watkins, Moncrief and Lee.

41 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Ya I believe we’ve wanted him the last couple years, but he’s gotten tagged. Only thing I don’t like about it... is he’s probably only got 2-3 good years left in him. So hopefully we do his contract that way if we sign him.

23 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya I believe we’ve wanted him the last couple years, but he’s gotten tagged. Only thing I don’t like about it... is he’s probably only got 2-3 good years left in him. So hopefully we do his contract that way if we sign him.

I'd expect a contract structured similar to Revis' deal, not the same money tho

31 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Cross the Jags off the Cousins list

Soon as the owner committed to him in the playoffs we all knew this was going to happen. I’ve never considered them a threat to get Cousins. Minnesota and Denver are all I’m worried about.

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Soon as the owner committed to him in the playoffs we all knew this was going to happen. I’ve never considered them a threat to get Cousins. Minnesota and Denver are all I’m worried about.

That is my though also, the Cards with only $22,459467 in cap money, could be a dark horse in the Cousins sweepstakes. The Bill have only$ 28,76937 in cap money, but if they dump Taylor it is a different story. We know the Bills are not in love with Taylor, especially after benching him last year. I think these are the only four teams we have to worry about, but you never know. It would not surprise me at all it Mac goes big time for Offensive line help in the FA market, the offensive skilled position in the FA market are pretty thin this year. Sure there are players like Amendola, Sammy Watkins, and Mike Wallace, any one of these guys could help us at the WR position, but that is up to Mac. I am sure the Steelers will tag Bell. Mac has done a outstanding job with his FA pickups since he has been Jets GM, but his drafting has been a whole different story. Of all the GM's in the NFL Mac has the toughest job, get a QB, get more help for the offensive, pick up  a CB. This is a year he could make the Jets RELEVANT again.

33 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

This was incredibly smart by Jacksonville.

I really don't think they were a threat to go after a QB. And by the way where have you been the last week, things are starting to heat up on this board the past week, good to see you back.

42 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I really don't think they were a threat to go after a QB. And by the way where have you been the last week, things are starting to heat up on this board the past week, good to see you back.

My desktop version of the site keeps bouncing me to an ad that I can't get out of haha

Anyway it's not that they were a threat to take a QB its that they had the foresight to see the implications of not signing this deal. They are winners in every sense of the word IMO.

Archived