Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

8 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I just read a few articles that state the Jets are going to start to go with plan B for QB. The jets feel that Cousins will sign with the Vikings. I'm really glad the jets will not get him. He is not the answer for the jets. i want Mayfield, Darnald or Rosen in that order. I like Allen but the other 3 I put a few steps ahead. i like Mayfield the most because he can step in and start day 1. I also think we can get Orlando Brown with our last pick in the second round. 

I'm really glad we appeared to have exhausted that option though, statistically speaking, it is very unlikely any of these QBs ever reach Cousins current level of play.

43 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Connor Hughes pointed something out in a trade-up situation with IND.... Rex hogan, who was our director of scouting in 2015-16, is Ballard’s VP of Player Personnel. Direct line of communication 

This is so huge, I think the Colts would be happy with any of Nelson, Barkley, or Chubb. If they trade with us they are guaranteed to get one of them, I really don't think #3 will be THAT expensive to get up to. I agree with Allen going early, I think he will be #1 or #2 when all is said and done. I could see the Browns or Giants taking either one of those guys not to mention I could see the Giants possibly go with Nelson or Barkley too which could mean Rosen or Darnold falls to #3. I just hope we get aggressive in FA and make sure we solidify the OL and CBs. 

4 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Bridgewater hasnt played in 2 seasons. His expectations should be a little lower and hehas more developmental upside over older guys.

Id like to double dip in that sense. Bridgewater and a rookie Qb would give us 2 QB's to develop for futire value... McCown wouldnt have any future value. and bradfords injury history is way worse than teddys and hes older.

I think it depends on what non-QBs we can sign in FA, if we have money we don't think we'll spend then I'm fine with possibly looking at a younger QB. I do find it more appealing to go with McCown/rookie/Hack because I think that sends a clear message to the team which direction we are headed. 

Hard to tell what’s true or smoke screens.

So from the info we have I’ve gathered this.

We want a CB... we’re heavily linked to both Butler and Johnson.

We don’t feel like we are favorites for Cousins and trading up to 3 with the Colts looks like a possibility now.

We paid a lot of attention to RBs.

Richburg won’t be as cheap as we thought, but there’s common interest on both sides.

2 hours ago, xenajets said:

If we are bringing a vet qb to start the year perhaps after drafting Mayfield/Rosen at 6 then I’d rather Bradford/Teddy/AJ/Case than McCown. 

That is the way it was for years in the NFL, a lot of top QB's waited one or two years before starting.  Now they throw some of these QB's in to fast, that could have Sanchez 's problem.

24 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

That is the way it was for years in the NFL, a lot of top QB's waited one or two years before starting.  Now they throw some of these QB's in to fast, that could have Sanchez 's problem.

Sanchez made it to back to back AFC championship games. I think his issue was more that he was never really more than a game manager and when the teams talent regressed, his difficiencies became more apparent. 

Now a guy like David Carr started to early. That team never had an OLine and he got shellshocked

4 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Sanchez made it to back to back AFC championship games. I think his issue was more that he was never really more than a game manager and when the teams talent regressed, his difficiencies became more apparent. 

Now a guy like David Carr started to early. That team never had an OLine and he got shellshocked

Sanchez failed because he was playing with CFL-calibur players after 2010

2 hours ago, KodiakThunder said:

Bridgewater hasnt played in 2 seasons. His expectations should be a little lower and hehas more developmental upside over older guys.

Id like to double dip in that sense. Bridgewater and a rookie Qb would give us 2 QB's to develop for futire value... McCown wouldnt have any future value. and bradfords injury history is way worse than teddys and hes older.

Yeah if we miss out in Cousins then an ideal scenario for me would be having the rookie, Teddy and Hack competing for the job.

All young guys with huge upside and we wouldn’t just have an old journeyman who is at best ‘alright’ with no future or prospect. 

30 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Sanchez failed because he was playing with CFL-calibur players after 2010

Single biggest f-up in the last ten plus years being a jets fan. Should of gone overboard with the weapons/o-line to give him a shot. Instead we throw out raw prospects or guys off the street to play WR. 

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

That’s true man but surely we can (with all the resources we have this offseason) find someone who can be a bridge qb who actually has upside and dare I say it take us to the playoffs. We gain nothing bringing McCown back. He’s a great guy no doubt about it but we need more than that. If Petty and Hack were jumping of the page with their development then sure bring him back. But they clearly are not. Petty looked horrendous last year. 

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I just read a few articles that state the Jets are going to start to go with plan B for QB. The jets feel that Cousins will sign with the Vikings. I'm really glad the jets will not get him. He is not the answer for the jets. i want Mayfield, Darnald or Rosen in that order. I like Allen but the other 3 I put a few steps ahead. i like Mayfield the most because he can step in and start day 1. I also think we can get Orlando Brown with our last pick in the second round. 

I wonder if those articles come out if Bowles doesn't say "Plan A, B, C, D"

13 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Although I can't blame him, I don't like the idea of Bridgewater seeking for 1 or 2 year contract.  Now, I ain't certain about signing Bridgewater will avert Jets from drafting qb in 1st. 

He’s an interesting player bc if he is the player he was... he’s a FA steal. I think he’s vastly underrated on this forum. I think he can have a very Tyrol Taylor, Alex Smith like career. With an elite D and run game that is good enough to compete year in and year out. If we miss out on Cousins... I think it’d be foolish to not look into him before saying it’s just the draft for an answer at QB.

Archived