Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

We should upgrade at CB. If Cousins chooses Minnesota we should big time upgrade at CB. I’d get 2 or 3 if we miss out on Cousins to make us have one of the best secondaries in the NFL.

Totally agree.  Two CB's and two OL (LG/C) too.  Great secondary and great OL. 

55 minutes ago, jetfan8178 said:

Ideally offensively for me Id love to see us

Land a tackle and guard (james/soldier, Pugh)

Sign AR15

Teddy and a veteran to compete with him and Hack

rb, jeremy hill?

Draft at #6 Quenton Nelson (may not be there)

Essentially rebuild the OL, add a great weapon receiver and some young talent at RB.

Change that to Teddy,a rookie, a vet and Hack

Change Hill to Dion Lewis or rookie

And at sign a vet CB or 2

You will love this!  Mac said he willing move up in the draft, or trade down, or stand pat at 6. Well Mac which one is it, for Plan B ?  My guess is it he gets Cousins he is will to trade down for the right price. 

5 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Jimmy Graham expected to hit FA. Would love him here but much like AR15 do we need Kirk to get these guys over here? 

@rickyt31 I know you’ve wanted us to get Jimmy for a long time. Could happen now bud. 

Can’t see Graham having any desire to come here unless we get Cousins. He’s made his money. He wants to win.

11 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

You will love this!  Mac said he willing move up in the draft, or trade down, or stand pat at 6. Well Mac which one is it, for Plan B ?  My guess is it he gets Cousins he is will to trade down for the right price. 

I brazenly call trade down with or without Cousins. lol.

15 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

He says that every draft. He’s very vague when he talks to the media. Which is exactly what he should be. Don’t show our cards. If he says just I want to trade up. Then whatever team he’s trading up with can ask for a hefty price in return bc they know he wants to move up. Nothing comes out until after. After FA we find out who we wanted but missed out on. After the draft the same thing.

21 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

This just in!

Mac will be awake for the 2018 NFL Draft

22 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Lol at least we know we will either trade up, trade down or stay at six. Macc is letting too ouch of his chest I think ?

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m thinking us targeting Lewis could really help our chances of getting Cousins.

He's going to be 28 once the season starts.  Can we please not have older RB's anymore?  Especially guys who have a history of being really injury prone.

Dion Lewis is a situational RB.  I don't get it on why the hell people keep chasing players that have "solid" season of last year alone. There is very good chance last year standout is all they (most of them, to be cordial) have in NFL.

20 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

He's going to be 28 once the season starts.  Can we please not have older RB's anymore?  Especially guys who have a history of being really injury prone.

Powell is 29 and is slated to be our starter. Trust me I want a young RB, but who can catch and run that’s available? Only guy I can think of is McKinnon. Not sure what we plan on doing in the draft. But drafting a 6th Round RB won’t cut it. And Macc hasn’t shown he likes RBs early in drafts. I view Lewis as an upgrade at RB. He doesn’t have a lot of miles on him either. He isn’t a 1 year wonder either. He was good in 2015 too. I just think a receiving RB will be big for Cousins. His favorite target hands down was Thompson last year. A receiving RB will be big for him. Powell has lost a step and isn’t that receiving back anymore. Lewis has a lot more burst than that of Powell.

7 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Dion Lewis is a situational RB.  I don't get it on why the hell people keep chasing players that have "solid" season of last year alone. There is very good chance last year standout is all they (most of them, to be cordial) have in NFL.

Ya signing him would be a pretty big mistake IMO.  Here are his games played by year..... 2011 15, 2012 9, 2013 0, 2014 0, 2015 7, 2016 7, 2017 16.  That is averaging a bit over 7 games per season..... super.

9 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

He was actually very good in 2015 before he got injured. 

Archived