Bell thread in the news section

3rivers

17 hours ago, 3rivers said:

maybe this is the mistake the browns make this year, but I can't imagine that with Barkley being there. Bell  needs to be on another team, as do other players here .

The Browns are just clueless enough to do it.  Would be a huge coup for us.  

33 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I just hope we can afford Bell and the needed improvements to our defense. It'll take some doing.

It’ll take some considerable restructuring to afford a solid FA to  fill a hole if Bell is resigned...namely Tuitt and AB.

5 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

It’ll take some considerable restructuring to afford a solid FA to  fill a hole if Bell is resigned...namely Tuitt and AB.

Maybe an extension for Ben too. Perhaps this is the time Ben does the Brady move and take a smaller deal to free up some space. He knows time has to be running short. 

51 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

I take this as him saying the Steelers increased their offer but he's still asking $15 million. 

bad idea, D will not improve

59 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:
Deal with Bell?  Maybe he won't be as greedy and stupid this time around.  

why not exclusive tag him and hop Haley talks the browns into signing bell?

12 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Maybe an extension for Ben too. Perhaps this is the time Ben does the Brady move and take a smaller deal to free up some space. He knows time has to be running short. 

That would help for sure. 

Me thinks his demands may have lowered a bit...Bell...another season very high usage...plus save for Oakland and maybe Colts with luck coming back, it’s all bottom barrel teams with the cap room.

I wouldn’t be surprised if deal is similar to last years offer by Steelers...give or take a little bit.

Just a hunch.

Is anybody else just tired of the drama that is Bell? He is ultra-talented, but he has no excuse for showing up late for the walkthrough and (allegedly) last minute for pre-game for the biggest game of the year. Changes need to be made to this team IF we ever want to get past the Pats and win the big game before Ben retires. The starting runningback talking retirement and contracts and showing up late, all before the playoff game is totally unacceptable. If the Steelers accept that behavior, then they probably won't be accepting the Lombardi trophy any time soon. Cut bait. Draft a guy like Sony Michel and roll on.

Archived