Future CFP title sites beyond the 2023 season

pf9

Alright the title sites as you may know are set in stone for the next 6 seasons. As of now, the first 10 CFP title games have been or will be played either in outdoor stadiums in warm-weather areas, or in stadiums with a roof of some sort regardless of location.

However, I want such stadiums to be barred from hosting any more title games until the 2034 season until 10 outdoor stadiums in cold-weather cities have had chances to host CFP title games, thus evening things out. Then beginning in 2034, the title game can alternate between a warm-weather outdoor stadium or a roofed stadium and a cold-weather outdoor stadium.

The 10 cities I had in mind for the 2024-33 seasons are Cleveland, East Rutherford, Green Bay, Cincinnati, Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Foxboro, Baltimore, Landover, and Philadelphia. Cleveland should get the first cold-weather title game especially if the Browns haven't hosted an NFL playoff game by January 2025 (although the Browns might actually draft a good QB in the next draft, who knows)?

For the 2025 season, East Rutherford should get the game for January 2026, and Landover should get the game for the 2030 season in January 2031, these dates fall in the same years as the 25th and 30th anniversaries of a very important date in American history. The other cold-weather sites can get their games in no particular order.

If you have any thoughts on future CFP title sites, don't be afraid to share them.

Doing them in a cold weather city is a horrible idea. It'd be a complete advantage for a team like Michigan playing a team like USC in the Natty. A pass heavy team would also be heavily influenced in the rain/snow while a run heavy team wouldn't be as effected.

It makes no sense to risk giving a team a competitive advantage by playing a game outdoors or in an outdoor stadium in a colder climate. None.

Dan Snyder wants a new stadium, so it won't be in Landover that late.  The Fed Ex lease is up in 2024 I think (or around that) and it is looking like they are going to move the team into VA, with an off-chance of going to the old RFK site and rebuilding a new stadium.  Snyder loves to make money, so having a dome is not beyond the realm of possibility.  I agree with the thoughts on not having it in cold-weather environments unless a dome is there- they want this to be about the experience, not having folks bundled up for five-plus hours in the stadium. 

10 hours ago, pf9 said:

I think it would be interesting to see how these southern teams fare in harsher environments

Probably worse than they would in a neutral site...This train of thought is asinine . Why would you want a team to have a competitive advantage in the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP???

And even worse, why would you potentially want to watch a horrific football game like the one the Bills/Colts played in a blizzard? Just a poor idea, that makes absolutely zero sense. 

On 1/11/2018 at 5:12 PM, pf9 said:

Alright the title sites as you may know are set in stone for the next 6 seasons. As of now, the first 10 CFP title games have been or will be played either in outdoor stadiums in warm-weather areas, or in stadiums with a roof of some sort regardless of location.

However, I want such stadiums to be barred from hosting any more title games until the 2034 season until 10 outdoor stadiums in cold-weather cities have had chances to host CFP title games, thus evening things out. Then beginning in 2034, the title game can alternate between a warm-weather outdoor stadium or a roofed stadium and a cold-weather outdoor stadium.

The 10 cities I had in mind for the 2024-33 seasons are Cleveland, East Rutherford, Green Bay, Cincinnati, Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Foxboro, Baltimore, Landover, and Philadelphia. Cleveland should get the first cold-weather title game especially if the Browns haven't hosted an NFL playoff game by January 2025 (although the Browns might actually draft a good QB in the next draft, who knows)?

For the 2025 season, East Rutherford should get the game for January 2026, and Landover should get the game for the 2030 season in January 2031, these dates fall in the same years as the 25th and 30th anniversaries of a very important date in American history. The other cold-weather sites can get their games in no particular order.

If you have any thoughts on future CFP title sites, don't be afraid to share them.

This is never gonna happen. Do I think an occasional cold weather game is possible? Sure just like NYC got a SB but its gonna be a major exception. 

On 1/12/2018 at 7:39 AM, August4th said:

I want every title game in the rose bowl

I want the Rose Bowl to go back to hosting the PAC and Big Ten. 

That said, this is an interesting idea. It is the Grandaddy of them all. The Rose will actually be the only New Years Six stadium to not host the game after 2020. 

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, pf9 said:

Southern teams have been avoiding playing outdoors up north late in the season for too long now (a common point of criticism) I think it's time for that to catch up to them

Terrarian teams have avoided playing football underwater for too long now (a common point of criticism). I think it's time we have the CFB NCG in the Pacific Ocean.

13 hours ago, pf9 said:

Southern teams have been avoiding playing outdoors up north late in the season for too long now (a common point of criticism) I think it's time for that to catch up to them

Okay, so lets hold the College Football Championship in a 100 degree and humid Dome so those Northern teams can see what its like to play in the South in August than too.

This is just a stupid idea, and a stupid criticism.

Archived