NBA 2k18 Thread

6 hours ago, TJM217 said:

Hey guys got a quick question for you all,  so I decided to get a basketball game this year (last one was Live 99-yikes) but not sure if I should get 2k17 or get 2k18. Is there a significant difference between the 2 outside of "the neighborhood"? I'm not sure how I feel about the neighborhood yet, it has some cool ideas but seams kinda corny. I don't know what features I care about since I haven't played a basketball game in so long. I imagine a lot of GM or my career mode taking most of my time. 

I like 2k18 more than I liked 2k17.  They'll eventually patch the hell out of the game, like they always do, so I don't know if I'll feel the same way in a few months.   2k17 was probably my least favorite release since they moved to PS4/XBone, FWIW.

5 hours ago, TJM217 said:

Hey guys got a quick question for you all,  so I decided to get a basketball game this year (last one was Live 99-yikes) but not sure if I should get 2k17 or get 2k18. Is there a significant difference between the 2 outside of "the neighborhood"? I'm not sure how I feel about the neighborhood yet, it has some cool ideas but seams kinda corny. I don't know what features I care about since I haven't played a basketball game in so long. I imagine a lot of GM or my career mode taking most of my time. 

shot meter on 2k18 is way better than 2k17. The gameplay looks smoother in 2k18 as well.

7 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

I think a lot of people are upset at the paywall (VC) in this game. It seems that you can't do anything in MyCareer without having to pay real money.

You can... by playing the game....

There's tons of rewards once you're a high overall. It amazes me that people are too lazy to actually play a damn game. 

Just now, steelcurtain29 said:

There's tons of rewards once you're a high overall. It amazes me that people are too lazy to actually play a damn game. 

From everything I've read is that the grind is a lot grinder then in the past and that's what people have an issue with - 2K wants you to either waste a ton of time or waste a ton of money to get your MyPlayer to the max. 

I personally don't care because I don't play the MyCareer mode, but that seems like it's the most common complaint. 

Just now, Remixxxxxxx said:

From everything I've read is that the grind is a lot grinder then in the past and that's what people have an issue with - 2K wants you to either waste a ton of time or waste a ton of money to get your MyPlayer to the max. 

I personally don't care because I don't play the MyCareer mode, but that seems like it's the most common complaint. 

Isnt grinding the point? 

Why must everyone think everything is a hand out? If you play enough of the MyPlayer Mode; like a gamer would.... You start to get great rewards for doing so.

Just now, steelcurtain29 said:

Isnt grinding the point? 

Why must everyone think everything is a hand out? If you play enough of the MyPlayer Mode; like a gamer would.... You start to get great rewards for doing so.

I don't know why you're asking me these questions - I clearly stated I don't play this mode.

Sunny asked why the game is getting killed and I replied with the information  I gathered by reading through OS and some other spots. 

Just now, Remixxxxxxx said:

I don't know why you're asking me these questions - I clearly stated I don't play this mode.

Sunny asked why the game is getting killed and I replied with the information  I gathered by reading through OS and some other spots. 

It wasn't meant towards you. It was just a generalization. Just me stating why I can't understand how anyone can complain. It's something that annoys me. Instead of actually playing games, everyone wants hand outs or just to pay for things. 

Truth be told, some people don't have tons of time to grind. Or maybe they like to play other games. Grinding in video games is crappy design. Sure if you enjoy the game, go right ahead. Still a terrible system that companies use to bleed money out of consumers. 

Also I heard that things like hairstyles are single use items in myplayer. That is the kind of thing people are pissed about. 

56 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Truth be told, some people don't have tons of time to grind. Or maybe they like to play other games. Grinding in video games is crappy design. Sure if you enjoy the game, go right ahead. Still a terrible system that companies use to bleed money out of consumers. 

Also I heard that things like hairstyles are single use items in myplayer. That is the kind of thing people are pissed about. 

What games these days don't require a grind? You don't need money to be able to enjoy a game.

It's a lazy excuse for people to give into microtransactions. This grind existed before any of that; even with this franchise.

16 hours ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Bingo.  I like how on 2k18 where you have to reach a certain level to unlock different things. 

18 hours ago, sunnygsm said:

This game is getting eviscerated in user reviews. Is it as bad as it seems? 

I think the majority of the bad reviews are coming from people spending their time in The Neighborhood, and playing MyCareer.  2K has had an inexcusable  issue with XBone users having their MyCareer players completely deleted.  If I spent money on VC, I'd be furious.  They've just had hiccups, out of the gate, like they always do.  The actual release date is today.  All of us who get the early release, on Friday, are just glorified beta testers.  I'd imagine they'll have most of those issues straightened out shortly, as keeping people in that mode, and spending additional money, seems to be their top priority.  MyLeague and MyGM off the court problems will probably be addressed in a later patch, closer to the regular season.  On the court, I have loved the game so far.  I hope they don't over do the patching of the gameplay, like they have in the past.  This is closest to an actual simulation of basketball we've had to date.

Archived