2018 Free Agency

turtle28

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Lol. He “owes” us? That’s just silly dash. 

Dude he sucked on 2014, no one would of just said " let's start him week 1 of 2015". And we given him 40 mil along with a good OL and weapons .

how doesn't he owe us some what of a favor ? If your job put food on your table and have you Mutiple chances you gotta show some decent respect . And that's if your job supervisors weren't good to you . I doubt the skins FO was abusive to Kirk, even Allen as well who I never can see is a super rude type .

Again , he should be glad he is even attempting to be the highest paid qb. 

I can't imagine any other team making him this successful. What other team would have put him in position to have the contract he's about to get .instead he feels like he's worth more .

That to me is a reason why no one stood up to him yet from our FO to team players . It's been all negative as of what I'm seeing .

The problem with letting Cousins walk for nothing, is I'm expecting us to be aggressive in FA & we should be.

If that's the case, we will get nothing in compensation for him.

Which makes this mishandling of his contract look even worse.

March 6th is approaching, so Tagging him now seems unlikely. Then he would have to sign it.

Sucks, cause we really could have used that leverage for more draft resources in this draft. Now were down a 3rd...

Sue cravens a is still here...

Cousins has no tag...

C'mon FO...do something!!

We sure know how to trade away resources in a trade & it seems like we never get back squat from a trade when it comes to draft picks anymore.

4 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

The problem with letting Cousins walk for nothing, is I'm expecting us to be aggressive in FA & we should be.

If that's the case, we will get nothing in compensation for him.

Which makes this mishandling of his contract look even worse.

March 6th is approaching, so Tagging him now seems unlikely. Then he would have to sign it.

Sucks, cause we really could have used that leverage for more draft resources in this draft. Now were down a 3rd...

Sue cravens a is still here...

Cousins has no tag...

C'mon FO...do something!!

We sure know how to trade away resources in a trade & it seems like we never get back squat from a trade when it comes to draft picks anymore.

There's still a chance we could be able to tag cousins. 

If cousins can be okay with the jets, than we can trade him. The Vikings I'm sure would come along as well . Seems to me the jets and Vikings and Kirk for a multiple deal .

I'm hoping, Dash...

I'm certain we could at least get that 3rd rounder back in a trade.

For a team not having to worry about losing him.

The jets would be that prime candidate, with the Vikings in the lead.

Lets hope We have 1 more surprise coming....

52 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

What business ? Kirk getting paid and wasn't gonna have a lot of options . I'm sure Landry would like to pick his team to but he's settling for who ever is trading for him.

which 

What you settle for as your compensation at your work is not necessarily what someone else should. These guys are selling their product. Which is themselves. They don't have to do exactly what someone else does. If Landry values his product differently than Kirk or anyone else, that is his right. And you even said the word... "settling". Some people don't want to settle. Especially when they know a team is not going tag them a 3rd time and then they don't have to settle.

All I know is he's gone. Thank God, no more drama between fans. Let's just move forward and talk something positive. All the disagreement between people is silly. We're all still going to cheer this team regardless. Combine going on, free agency approaching and draft right around the corner. Time to focus on the positives.

2 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Dude he sucked on 2014, no one would of just said " let's start him week 1 of 2015". And we given him 40 mil along with a good OL and weapons .

how doesn't he owe us some what of a favor ? If your job put food on your table and have you Mutiple chances you gotta show some decent respect . And that's if your job supervisors weren't good to you . I doubt the skins FO was abusive to Kirk, even Allen as well who I never can see is a super rude type .

Again , he should be glad he is even attempting to be the highest paid qb. 

I can't imagine any other team making him this successful. What other team would have put him in position to have the contract he's about to get .instead he feels like he's worth more .

That to me is a reason why no one stood up to him yet from our FO to team players . It's been all negative as of what I'm seeing .

He had 2 bad halves out of 5 games. Go look at Cousin’s 2014 game logs, not just his overall stats. He had 2 games where he threw 7 if his 9 ints in those games he played earlier in the year. The rails came off in the second halves vs Az & the NYG but he played well vs Jax, Philadelphia and Seattle.

Archived