2018 Free Agency

turtle28

17 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I just don't see us spending money. This just isn't the way Bruce views free agency. For whatever reason he loves other teams back ups and vets on one year deals. I have no hope we'll make a play for Allen Robinson even though we need him badly. I'd be shocked if make any big signings and I fully expect Brown, Breeland and Grant to walk. 

And before the sunshine crew decides to attack me for being negative, I'm simply basing this off of how Allen works. He lets our free agents walk and doesn't approach any big name players that you have to actually pay. He signs younger back ups to starter money and waits it out until some name guys are left and missed the money boat. I'm not getting my hopes up for improvements via free agency. 

Oh you def can’t get your hopes up with anything good Ole Bruce has his hands in. But if he’s feeling some heat maybe he actually tries his hand at this crazy thing called improving this team lol

On 3/3/2018 at 9:09 PM, Doc Draper said:

Who and what value players can we sign and not lose the third round comp pick for cousins? If we lose this and the third this year and Fuller for grandpa smith- boy we got stone cold robbed. Perhaps the wizard of this forum can illuminate on this question? 

@Woz

This player vs. that player is going to be hard to say. It's going to come down to comparable contracts.

Keep in mind, Zach Brown could also net the Redskins a pick. Lesser candidates: Shawn Lauvao, Trent Murphy, and Junior Galette.

I mention those guys because if Washington signs equivalent contracts for new free agents to what those guys get elsewhere, then they'll cancel out each other and not impact the Kirk Cousins compensatory pick.

[EDIT: *smacks forehead* Forgot about our #2 most likely compensatory contract - Bashaud Breeland]

NBC Sports Washington's JP Finlay believes the Redskins will be interested in impending free agent Allen Robinson if he hits the open market.

Robinson is expected to avoid the franchise tag, making it likely he makes it to free agency. Washington has a solid duo in Jamison Crowder and Josh Doctson, but they need more pass catching help, especially with Jordan Reed unable to stay healthy. Even with Sammy Watkins expected to be available as well, Robinson will have no shortage of suitors once free agency opens. 

Mar 6 - 9:05 AM

ESPN's John Keim believes the Redskins are interested in free agent WR Paul Richardson.

Certain to add to their receiving corps this offseason, Washington has already been linked with Allen Robinson and now Richardson. A second-round pick by the Seahawks in 2014, Richardson broke out with 703 yards and six touchdowns last season. He is reportedly looking for $7 million per year on his next deal. 
Related: Redskins

Mar 6 - 11:07 AM

18 minutes ago, Woz said:

This player vs. that player is going to be hard to say. It's going to come down to comparable contracts.

Keep in mind, Zach Brown could also net the Redskins a pick. Lesser candidates: Shawn Lauvao, Trent Murphy, and Junior Galette.

I mention those guys because if Washington signs equivalent contracts for new free agents to what those guys get elsewhere, then they'll cancel out each other and not impact the Kirk Cousins compensatory pick.

[EDIT: *smacks forehead* Forgot about our #2 most likely compensatory contract - Bashaud Breeland]

Bruce Allen is not going to give a crap about 2019 comp picks.  He's too worried about losing his job.  

On 3/4/2018 at 1:43 PM, ripsean21 said:

You know I’ve been so busy with the draft and my job honestly I have no idea who is even a FA this year lol

From Washington (beyond Cousins):

• Tony Bergstrom
  • Bashaud Breeland
  • Zach Brown
  • Chris Carter
  • Will Compton
  • DeShazor Everett (RFA)
  • Junior Galette
  • Ryan Grant
  • DeAngelo Hall
  • Montori Hughes
  • Dustin Hopkins
  • Arthur Jones
  • Shawn Lauvao
  • Spencer Long
  • Trent Murphy
  • Ty Nsekhe (RFA)
  • Niles Paul
  • Terrelle Pryor
  • Brian Quick
  • Phil Taylor

On 3/5/2018 at 8:36 AM, MikeT14 said:

No way, plenty of other forums have done it. Those teams aren't as consistently mediocre as we are though. They eventually get over the hump. Go ask the Eagles forum if they've always been hip hip hooray, especially during the Reid to Kelly and then Kelly to Pederson transition. 

Talk about eating your own ...

23 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Bruce Allen is not going to give a crap about 2019 comp picks.  He's too worried about losing his job.  

Oh I get that, but Doc asked me about who they could or could not sign if they wanted to keep the picks.

Redskins re-signed CB Deshazor Everett.

The Redskins called it a "multi-year deal" in a release. Everett had been slated for restricted free agency. A 2015 UDFA, Everett made the first eight starts of his career last season, earning replacement-level marks from Pro Football Focus. He probably won't play 500-plus defensive snaps again in 2018 but is a core special teamer.

rotoworld

6 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Redskins re-signed CB Deshazor Everett.

The Redskins called it a "multi-year deal" in a release. Everett had been slated for restricted free agency. A 2015 UDFA, Everett made the first eight starts of his career last season, earning replacement-level marks from Pro Football Focus. He probably won't play 500-plus defensive snaps again in 2018 but is a core special teamer.

rotoworld

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

giphy.gif

Eh, better than having to put up a $1.5-2M or so tender on him. Like RotoWorld said, he's a core special teamer. Assuming the price isn't completely janky, it's not a bad move.

I'd assume it's a bit more than the tender. They've viewed Everett similar to how they viewed Dunbar not long ago. They expect him to be a solid rotational piece, if not someone who can give you a few starts.

Archived