2018 Free Agency

turtle28

9 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Chris russel said, he doesn't think we sign Richardson or wilkerson.. there expensive quote on quote. 

Which means we probably end up signing only B type free agents .

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I called it

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Lol dude you've mentioned wanting us to sign just about every free agent that is out there.  

Not all together tho .no way should we pay Watkins or Robinson 14-16 mil a year , there injury prone .

I'd would of given 10 mil atleast. Watkins I'm surprised got 16mil.

57 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

All the reports are saying he's going to be around $26-28 mil per year.  

I know, I know. It’s a good deal for MIN, great deal for Kirk, Redskins look like idiots, I’m with you. 

But we can still at least laugh at the fact that he’s making a documentary about it and we all absolutely know it’s going to be so cheesy and so packed with cliches meant to make him look humble and spectacular all at once (while still shilling for his website/products), can’t we?

15 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Chris russel said, he doesn't think we sign Richardson or wilkerson.. there expensive quote on quote. 

Which means we probably end up signing only B type free agents .

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I called it

The one positive thing, if your goal is splashy moves, about the Redskins looking bad in light of Kirk’s lower-than-expected deal is that you know they’re going to feel a need to change the conversation. They’re going to want there to be something else to discuss other than how they bungled the Cousins thing so badly.

So I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see them make a couple more noteworthy moves by the end of business tomorrow. Paul Richardson, Dontari Poe, Nigel Bradham, Aaron Colvin, DRC, Carlos Hyde, Isaiah Crowell — I think there’s a pretty reasonable chance that at least 2 or 3 of them are signed up by then. 

2 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

As per NFL NETWORK Redskins expected to sign P Richardson 5 yr/40 mil  20 mil guaranteed. 

That looks good. :)  Much needed WR help.. and not at back-breaking cost. 

2 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

As per NFL NETWORK Redskins expected to sign P Richardson 5 yr/40 mil  20 mil guaranteed. 

Jesus that is way too much money.  Why did we let Desean Jackson leave if we were going to pay Richardson this?  

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Jesus that is way too much money.  Why did we let Desean Jackson leave if we were going to pay Richardson this?  

No clue bro I'm shocked we just gave this man that money.

the only positive I hear about him is he won a lot of one on one situations .

Just now, MKnight82 said:

What? That is not a lot of money bud...he got HALF of what Sammy Watkins got on an APY basis. Only $20M in guarantees means they’ll prolly get out of it in 3ish years. If he can stay healthy, that’s a great signing.

So if Richardson's deal is 40 mil over 5 years, that's an average of $8 mil.  Its probably backloaded so we're probably looking at $5 milish this year against our cap?  

Btw his 700ish receiving yards last year are more than his previous 3 years in the league combined.  

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

The one positive thing, if your goal is splashy moves, about the Redskins looking bad in light of Kirk’s lower-than-expected deal is that you know they’re going to feel a need to change the conversation. They’re going to want there to be something else to discuss other than how they bungled the Cousins thing so badly.

So I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see them make a couple more noteworthy moves by the end of business tomorrow. Paul Richardson, Dontari Poe, Nigel Bradham, Aaron Colvin, DRC, Carlos Hyde, Isaiah Crowell — I think there’s a pretty reasonable chance that at least 2 or 3 of them are signed up by then. 

I don't want splashy moves. I just want Brown re-signed and for us to sign a talented DL. I don't want other teams back up DL signed to big contracts. I don't want Beau Allen signed by this team for big money. Bruce is obsessed with back ups on large contracts. And there he goes again, Paul Richardson on a massive contract.

Just now, A TRAIN 89 said:

What? That is not a lot of money bud...he got HALF of what Sammy Watkins got on an APY basis. Only $20M in guarantees means they’ll prolly get out of it in 3ish years. If he can stay healthy, that’s a great signing.

And Sammy Watkins is able to fill a much bigger role in an offense.  We didn't need another #3-4 type WR, we needed a legit #1 guy.  Is Paul Richardson that?  

Archived