2018 Free Agency

turtle28

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

Good stuff... and I know it's just ONE play, but I just watched Compton run underneath stride for stride with excellent coverage downfield on Jimmy Graham. :o

Compton isn’t the worst LB in the NFL but trust me when I say he’s not a great starter. He can make some plays but he misses far more than he makes. 

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

We don't know that. Alex Smith is actually in better shape than Kirk Cousins is despite Kirk being 4 years older than Kirk. Alex is one of the most in shape qbs in the NFL. There's no reason to believe he won't play as long as Tom Brady has. I certainly believe Alex is a driven human being, he wants to win a super bowl and wants to prove that him being taken #1 overall was not a mistake. He's been trying to prove the doubters wrong since draft day and will never stop.

Alex wants to be here, he wants to restore this franchise to greatness and will do everything in his power to make it happen. As a Redskins fan what more could you as for out of a qb than for him to give everything he has to bring you another super bowl? He wants what we want and I believe is willing to die on the field to give it to us.

Bruce Allen is Bruce Allen. He's not going away anytime soon IMO because Snyder likes Bruce, loved Bruce's father and Bruce takes heat off of Snyder if the team loses. Snyder wants Bruce to be his yes man because Bruce takes more of the blame and scrutiny for the team losing than Dan does and Dan wants it that way. If you're going to be a fan of the Redskins you're just going to have to live with Bruce and Dan for the foreseeable future, unfortunately.

Its sad, but it is what it is. That's just the honest truth of our situation as Redskins fans.

I just pray they continue to mostly build through the draft and around Alex in that way for the next 3 to 5 years or longer. I hope it works at least to the point where we are consistently a playoff contender and maybe we get lucky one year and make a deep playoff run like the eagles did in 2017 and the giants did in 07 and 2011.

its amazing to me that you're ok with alex smith staying around here for the next 3-5 years. the delusion that we will win with him is incredible. dont you realize that two different teams who had stacked rosters MOVED ON FROM HIM because he could not get the job done? jesus christ 

9 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

its amazing to me that you're ok with alex smith staying around here for the next 3-5 years. the delusion that we will win with him is incredible. dont you realize that two different teams who had stacked rosters MOVED ON FROM HIM because he could not get the job done? jesus christ 

Dude chill

1 minute ago, Dashing202 said:

Good news fellas

HANKINS IS VISITING THE REDSKINS .

Have not seen this anywhere yet. Just saw this though.

Free agent CB Orlando Scandrick will visit with the Redskins on Sunday.
Scandrick has spent his entire nine-year career in the NFC East. Washington needs corners after moving on from Bashaud Breeland and makes sense as a landing spot. They've also been linked to Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. Mar 17 - 7:24 PM

16 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

Those two teams won with him. They went to multiple playoff appearances, won a few playoff games and he almost took the 49ers to the super bowl. If he’s here 5 years and we go to the playoffs 3 or 4 times, win a few playoff games and get to one NFC Championship Game I’d be satisfied. It’d be a heck of a lot better than what we’ve been tge rest of this century.

The 49ers fell apart 2 years after they traded him away. It remains to be seen what the chiefs will do w/o Alex but they were better with him than they were before him. If that happens for the Redskins now that we have him, again, I’ll be satisfied.

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

Scandrick has spent his entire nine-year career in the NFC East. Washington needs corners after moving on from Bashaud Breeland and makes sense as a landing spot. They've also been linked to Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. Mar 17 - 7:24 PM

2 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

John Keim

Defensive lineman Johnathan Hankins will visit the Redskins, per multiple sources. Hankins was released by Indianapolis earlier Saturday afternoon. The Redskins have been reluctant to spend big on the defensive line, but if they did it would be for a... (link: http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-40017949-4) espn.com/espn/now?nowId…

Archived