The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

13 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Cause it's in Texas I guess..

Should have gotten Michael Griffin or something then.

I mean Vince's rookie year was cool and all and he had some moments late 09/early 10..but seems awfully silly to give him this kind of "honor"(really strong word for this, but can't think of another one), but the way his career ended here I don't see how we let him be our face for anything.

3 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Should have gotten Michael Griffin or something then.

I mean Vince's rookie year was cool and all and he had some moments late 09/early 10..but seems awfully silly to give him this kind of "honor"(really strong word for this, but can't think of another one), but the way his career ended here I don't see how we let him be our face for anything.

Pfff.... Ruskie would’ve gone crazy.

Between the new coaching staff, new uniforms, new system, new draft picks, and returning young talent, this may be the most anticipated preseason/training camp for me.

Like I legitimately can't wait to see how guys like Tajae Sharpe, Kevin Dodd, Luke Falk and Akeem Wadley (just to name a few) do.

7 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

That was quick. Now all Wadley has to do is beat out Fluellen lol.

Probably best for all involved. Wadley and Falk get more reps than they would have. Every snap will matter at that level given how far down the pecking order they are. 

Gives Tanney and the rest of the cuttees a chance to maybe catch on with another team's 90 man roster, though all of those guys are probably camp bodies at best.

I was going through the Who-might-get-cut-post-draft thread and came across the name Braxton Miller.  I know he hasn't done much for Houston, but that'd be a name I'd be extremely intrigued by.  Throw in the Vrabel (Texans and OSU connections) and O'Hara connections, and I think he'd be a real possibility as a post draft guy.  

It's no secret that I'm not a believer in Sharpe.  I honestly believe he's shown us everything he can be... a slow, possession guy who's not good at separating or catching the ball.  If I had any say, I see only 4 WRs that likely make the opening day roster (Campanaro being the 4th as the STs guy... and I'm also intrigued with what he can do as a slot guy in LaFleur's offense).  I'm also not sold on Jennings and Pascal making the team.  I also never heard of Burnett, but NFL.com compares him to Douglass (lmao!! of course).  I saw some prospect breakdown videos featuring him though, and I like what I saw... I'd keep him over Sharpe at this point.  There isn't much tape on Luper (not any I could find) but I did see some Tyreek Hill comparisons... maybe we stash him on the PS to see if he develops with top competition).  There may be even less info on Devin Ross, but the highlight video looks good.  One thing is for certain... they definitely have a vision of what they want their 5th/6th WRs to be.  (Also, after watching some vids and reading some prospect breakdowns... maybe Larry Rose beats Wadley for that 3rd RB spot... let's call him the darkhorse there).

Anyway... Braxton Miller to be our 4th WR?  I think we could do a lot worse.  Who else do you have see being cut that could make the roster here?

We could bring Braxton Miller in to compete for a roster spot but I'm not exactly knocking on his door to bring him in.

Say what you want to about Tajae Sharpe but his one year was better than the 2 years we've seen of Miller thus far.

I said this once I’m say it again what more do you expect from a rookie WR going up against 1st & 2nd opposing teams starting CB’s. I mean truth be told say what you want but Tajae had a better rookie yr than Davis, & before I write him off I want to see him in a new scheme with an OC with a brain that understands route concepts & how solid he can be going up against 3rd & 4th string CB’s.. it’s a reason why Robinson didn’t draft a WR or signed someone in FA.. I’m a believer in Tajae.

6 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

We could bring Braxton Miller in to compete for a roster spot but I'm not exactly knocking on his door to bring him in.

Say what you want to about Tajae Sharpe but his one year was better than the 2 years we've seen of Miller thus far.

Yeah.. but Miller has always been considered a project.  Has the tools, just never had played the position.  Sharpe is limited... he's just not a good receiver.  42 receptions is decent, but just a cumulative figure... his ratios and %'s paint a completely different picture, and he's not any good. 

Miller may not amount to anything... but at least there's potential.  He could flourish in a new system with a QB that is accurate on those short/intermediate routes... that would help him.  I don't even have that hope for Sharpe at this point.  It'd be amazing if he proved me wrong... and just played out of his mind next year... but that's honestly as likely as Fluellen becoming our lead back next year...

I think sharpe is good we’re just expecting too much from a 5th round pick, who played good, being a #2 WR his rookie yr, in a watered down offense going against #1 & 2 CB’s. Let’s see him go against some 3’s & 4’s. 500 yards as a rookie ??‍♂️

Archived