The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

To those above earlier, anything after the "?" in a URL is called a query string. So "?s=19" is their query string where s is the name of the parameter variable and 19 is the value of that variable. S is a named variable and can mean anything in the context of their web application. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

I'm going to be so underwhelmed when we resign Kline, Daquan and Avery and get Spain back on a tender

there's a lot worse we can do on the o-line than returning last year's group. FWIW PFF ranked us as the 5th best o-line in football, if you put any stock in that. But even if you don't their pass blocking was still phenomenal last year.

5. Tennessee Titans

Total pressures surrendered: 126
Best player: Jack Conklin
Combinations used: 7

Tennessee Titans

Although the Titans’ bookend tackles of Taylor Lewan and Jack Conklin – both former first-round picks – performed slightly better than the interior trio, the Tennessee offensive line might be the most balanced unit in the league, where there is the smallest difference between the weakest link and the best performer. Their offensive line was able to consistently create space on inside zone runs – the Titans’ most frequently used run concept – as their backs averaged 2.12 yards before contact on these runs, the third-highest in the league and significantly more than the league average of 1.56 yards before contact. In addition, the Titans finished the regular season with a pass-blocking efficiency rating of 82.3, which was tied for the third-highest rating in the league as they surrendered 126 total pressures – and just 14 sacks – on 553 pass-blocking snaps.

Given the tender we gave Spain was the lowest one you can give, I suspect we might be trying to bring him back as depth right now, and if we can't get anyone better in FA/draft then he will start.

I want DaQuan Jones re-signed so I'm not gonna complain about that. Avery's re-signing for me would depend on money and how we plan to use him. As a run stuffer/cheapish contract I'm totally fine with him remaining here. Anything more than that, no.

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I'm going to be so underwhelmed when we resign Kline, Daquan and Avery and get Spain back on a tender

Only area I'd slightly be disappointed is if we brought back both OG's.  But even so, I don't think they were just unworthy of being NFL starters.  They were the weak point of our line, but could be a lot worst. 

DaQuan and Avery are both good starters. If Avery comes back at a non-big buck FA contract I'll be ok with it. Could be a lot worst than Avery. We could try to do better, but He is a worthy starter. DaQuan was a good starter.  

But again, neither is worth the price that a FA market would probably pay. I'd be more than happy to welcome all those guys back. (at the right price)

I feel like the guys that we don't hear a lot of rumors about leading up to Wednesday are the guys that we're probably targeting. I remember last year there was no buzz on Cyprien or Logan Ryan and then before we knew it those were our guys. So, maybe the less rumors the better in our case?

3 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

I feel like the guys that we don't hear a lot of rumors about leading up to Wednesday are the guys that we're probably targeting. I remember last year there was no buzz on Cyprien or Logan Ryan and then before we knew it those were our guys. So, maybe the less rumors the better in our case?

The thing about Logan was all the other CBs the Titans were interested in were off the board like Bouje. Logan was a fall back option IMO

1 minute ago, Titans fan 617 said:

The thing about Logan was all the other CBs the Titans were interested in were off the board like Bouje. Logan was a fall back option IMO

I remember reading somewhere that we wanted both Ryan and Bouye. Which makes me wonder if Adoree was actually the fallback.

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I remember reading somewhere that we wanted both Ryan and Bouye. Which makes me wonder if Adoree was actually the fallback.

Yeah I remember reading that too. I think Ryan was always one of our top targets, but we were hoping to pair him with Bouye. It makes sense that Adoree could've been the fallback option. I'm honestly still shocked we didn't take OJ Howard. I didn't think there was any way he'd be there at our second pick and when he was I thought it was a lock.

It’s hard to know what’s true or what’s not true but I remember a lot of people connecting Logan Ryan to us because of Robinson. 

During the legal tampering period the 2 names I remember being linked too were Bouje and Kirkpatrick from the Bengals. 

For how long it took for Logan Ryan to sign and for how little he signed for (I thought he was going to get a lot more) Ryan feels like the fallback option to me but that’s just my opinion.

I will say the think that could make Adoree look like a fallback option is we clearly signed Weems with the hope probably handle returns but when all the other CBs signed else where and we got only Ryan then Adoree def came into play. Then again the more I think about it as I type I think Adoree was a back up to Latimore in NO I think the Titans really wanted him to fall to 17 or 18 or what ever pick we took Adoree with 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Guys I think we will have interest in:

QB
Tom Savage
Blaine Gabbert
EJ Manuel

RB
Dion Lewis
Charles Sims

WR
Sammy Watkins
Paul Richardson
Taylor Gabriel

CB
Malcom Butler
Aaron Colvin
TJ Currie

Pretty much my list exactly, except I'd have an OG or two on there. Also hoping we stay away from Savage or Manuel. Yo Gabba Gabbert has shown he at least can be competitive for 2-4 games a year maybe, so you could do worse. I think the market for Teddy B is going to be tough (guessing Keenum and Bradford end up in better situations in terms of starting ability). My hope is we could get him on like a 2 year deal and draft a longer term back-up. Still think Kapernick is a better fit than most of what's out there.

I don''t like the term fallback. IMO Adoree was the best player on JRobs board last year, which is why they took him. 

Weems was meant to help all levels of STs, not just returns. He was signed for coverage and gunning as much or more than his return ability.

Also, in terms of OJ Howard, I always thought he was overrated. Dude was a workout freak who parlayed 2 good games in 3 college seasons into being a 1st round pick. Not saying he's a bust, but I think its quite telling that the Bucs gave Cameron Brate as big a deal as they did today

12 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

For how long it took for Logan Ryan to sign and for how little he signed for (I thought he was going to get a lot more) Ryan feels like the fallback option to me but that’s just my opinion.

I mean they both signed their respective deals within a day of each other. Bouye signed on the 9th Ryan on the 10th. I maintain he wanted both, but balked at raising the stakes once Jax raised theirs. I think once Bouye priced himself out of TN, the "fallback" became lets draft a corner instead.

I think I just dislike the notion of "fallback players" it implies that we settled for inferior players we didn't actually want. I disagree with that assessment.

36 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see them look at Justin Pugh if he is truly healthy. He's a guy who could feasibly play RT for us until Conklin got back before sliding inside to guard. 

This would make sense to me. Especially if we retain Spain. Pugh would play outside with Spain inside until Conklin comes back then Spain is outstanding depth for the price! Since Robinson has been here he has obviously put a premium on protecting Mariota.

Archived