The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

Just now, KingTitan said:

As I typed we should stick with our guys....... Go get this man!  :)

Perfect in my eyes. Don't need him to be the man anymore, just a more reliable version of Decker. lol

I thought the thing everyone says we NEED to add to our WR corp is speed? Need guys who can separate and take tops off of defenses? That's one thing Jordy aint got. I'm not sure he's a better version of Decker as much as he's a older version of him.

1 minute ago, Chocolateman78 said:

I thought the thing everyone says we NEED to add to our WR corp is speed? Need guys who can separate and take tops off of defenses? That's one thing Jordy aint got. I'm not sure he's a better version of Decker as much as he's a older version of him.

Nah, he’s a significantly better version of Decker. I’d take a shot on him knowing that he was still productive when not playing with a completely incompetent QB. I’ve never been on the speed bandwagon though. Give me the guy that can get a little room at the top of his route and can make contested catches. I’d rather have the speed from the underneath receiver.

12 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Jordan Mathews is just a big possession WR who struggles to play outside of the slot... NO

Not true he’s an explosive slot WR that can get open & is good YAC, that’s what we want, did NE put Welker outside no Edelman no, play him at his strengths a big bodied slot WR who I prefer over & over priced slot only Landry 

Just now, TitanRedd said:

Not true he’s an explosive slot WR that can get open & is good YAC, that’s what we want, did NE put Welker outside no Edelman no, play him at his strengths a big bodied slot WR who I prefer over & over priced slot only Landry 

Jordan Mathews is not explosive in the least bit. #FAKENEWS

I've never viewed WR as a huge need anyway, so didn't expect a Robinson or Watkins signing. Davis and Matthews will be our top two WRs and Taylor the slot, Sharpe as depth. Obviously gotta bring in more depth, maybe even a Jordy Nelson if he comes cheap enough, but there's no reason for us to spend big on a WR. Matthews was a really good #2 in a much worse offensive scheme for passing than what LaFleur is supposedly bringing here, so should be even better now, and Davis with a full off-season will hopefully reach his potential.

The biggest question mark is can Taylor be an effective slot with how awful his route running was last year, but hopefully better coaching equals better results from him.

4 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Yeah you probably right, but I still love him from when he came out of Kanas State..lol  Draft speed, sign realiable hands. :)

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Nah, he’s a significantly better version of Decker. I’d take a shot on him knowing that he was still productive when not playing with a completely incompetent QB. I’ve never been on the speed bandwagon though. Give me the guy that can get a little room at the top of his route and can make contested catches. I’d rather have the speed from the underneath receiver.

Not to me, I see a old WR who averaged 9.1 a catch last season. If we hold that against Landry with a trash QB, hold it against Nelson. 

You guys are getting hella hyped over a name. 

Just now, Chocolateman78 said:

Not to me, I see a old WR who averaged 9.1 a catch last season. If we hold that against Landry with a trash QB, hold it against Nelson. 

You guys are getting hella hyped over a name. 

Maybe this makes sense since I was Landry’s biggest supporter haha.

Archived