The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

Just now, TitanLegend said:

It's entirely unrealistic but a scenario of signing Mathieu, moving Cyprien to ILB and running with secondary of Butler/Jackson/Ryan with Byard and Mathieu at safety plus moving Cyp to start beside Woodyard knocks out two birds with one stone. 

I’d be down for it but it’s probably a pipe dream 

31 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

My main point was that virtually every contract is pretty easy to get out of at this point. So even if you pay a big free agent and he busts, you’re almost always able to get out after two years.

If anything, Mathieu, demonstrates that. 5 year, $62 million deal and he’s released with very little long-term damage done when the Cards decided he was no longer worth the price tag.

They lost one of their own young good players and incurred 9 mil in dead money. I'm not sure where the majority of their cap is tied up, but that's not a situation we want to be in by overpaying in free agency.

7 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

They lost one of their own young good players and incurred 9 mil in dead money. I'm not sure where the majority of their cap is tied up, but that's not a situation we want to be in by overpaying in free agency.

The situation we don’t want to be in is paying an injury prone, average quarterback $20 million. Most of their money isn’t tied into free agents, just general extensions of their own players. Larry Fitz is making $16 million, Pat Pete is at $15m, Buchanan is at $9, Gresham is at $7.3. Add in Bradford, and that’s $67 million in five players. I don’t think some fans wanting us to go after some mid-level FAs would lead to that problem.

Though Mathieu, since the injuries, also simply isn’t worth $16 million these days.

13 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

The situation we don’t want to be in is paying an injury prone, average quarterback $20 million. Most of their money isn’t tied into free agents, just general extensions of their own players. Larry Fitz is making $16 million, Pat Pete is at $15m, Buchanan is at $9, Gresham is at $7.3. Add in Bradford, and that’s $67 million in five players. I don’t think some fans wanting us to go after some mid-level FAs would lead to that problem.

Though Mathieu, since the injuries, also simply isn’t worth $16 million these days.

Going after mid-level free agents is fine. The topics that have started this whole cap talk (and the concept of over-paying) have been Jarvis Landry and Sammy Watkins. Paying them 14-16 mil a year can easily lead to that problem.

Just now, KingTitan said:

Interesting. Wouldn't be my first choice. Better than Cassel but could we do better? If we go with an older guy like that hope we draft a developmental guy as well.

6 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

You know some huh ? what da bleep you know spill it kemosabee 

Naw that's just me. 

I know for a fact he hated taking back seat to Murray. He wants to be the man. So I wouldn't be shocked. Lol

My opinion. Not the guy. Lol

Archived