The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

Michael Crabtree is going to be released once the Jordy Nelson deal happens. It’s oriba unrealistic to expect the Titans to go after him since it seems we havnt really targeted any WRs it seems. Also I’m sure the Ravens Seahawks Colts Chargers Packers or who ever will pay him more than the Titans would be willing to

27 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Michael Crabtree is going to be released once the Jordy Nelson deal happens. It’s oriba unrealistic to expect the Titans to go after him since it seems we havnt really targeted any WRs it seems. Also I’m sure the Ravens Seahawks Colts Chargers Packers or who ever will pay him more than the Titans would be willing to

If the issue is we don't have enough speed at WR. Why would we be interested in Crabtree?

18 minutes ago, Titan89 said:

Random question, why are the signings of Butler and Lewis not official on the Titans website or even Twitter for that matter yet? Seems a bit odd if they already agreed to terms earlier in the week.

I don't think they've officially signed the contract. I think I saw where Butler is flying in today to sign and will be introduced either later on today or tomorrow.

33 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

If the issue is we don't have enough speed at WR. Why would we be interested in Crabtree?

We have Taylor and Davis and yes I do want speed but where the Titans havnt been active in the speedy WR market maybe they are looking for another Decker type so Crabtree is a way better Decker.

We are still very young at WR Davis Taylor Sharpe then the back ups like Jennings and what other no names are there at the moment 

26 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I don't think they've officially signed the contract. I think I saw where Butler is flying in today to sign and will be introduced either later on today or tomorrow.

Makes sense. I am just excited for it to be official. Thanks for the info.

17 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

At this point I’d rather just draft a backup in the midrounds. If Marcus goes down, we’re screwed regardless. I don’t see much of what’s left that much better if at all better than Cassell.

I think the most recent Super Bowl shows that if you build a strong enough team, with the right backup you can make do. 

Henne definitely is not the next Foles. If we are serious about minimizing drop off Kaepernick is the best option out there. But I doubt a new coaching staff wants to deal with "the distraction". Likely going with a crap guy like Henne and a late round pick.

Archived