The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

34 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Doesn’t do much for me. 467 yards over the last two years. $10 million for two years, I just don’t know where all this money is coming from.

He had his ups & downs battling alcohol addiction but he can break out in the right system just like Delanie broke out when he got wit us 

20 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Unrelated news: The Colts are sitting on a huge amount of cap space and have done absolutely nothing to make life easier if/when Luck returns. Not that I'm complaining, but pretty surprising.

For a team with decent size cap space and no 1st or 2nd round picks, the Texans has had another uninspiring free agent period, thus far, too.

3 hours ago, VY said:

Mariota goes down. 2 minutes to go. Down by 4 with the ball at your own 30. Henne doesn't have a snowflake's chance in hell in getting you into the endzone. Kaepernick at least gives you a shot. Think it's bogus to say that some of the guys getting signed before him are more talented, it's just not the case.

Being a back up QB is about more than just being next man up. I will continue to say this. What do you think people mean when they say 'hold the clipboard'? Your backup factors into game preparation. Its different than most back up positions. If you're not a student of the game, you're not as helpful. Kaep doesn't strike me as a student of the game. Which is why he struggled when Harbaugh was no longer there to spoon feed him. Its like bringing in a third down back whose fast, but can't catch or pass protect. You're bad for the role, even if you're talented.

17 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Being a back up QB is about more than just being next man up. I will continue to say this. What do you think people mean when they say 'hold the clipboard'? Your backup factors into game preparation. Its different than most back up positions. If you're not a student of the game, you're not as helpful. Kaep doesn't strike me as a student of the game. Which is why he struggled when Harbaugh was no longer there to spoon feed him. Its like bringing in a third down back whose fast, but can't catch or pass protect. You're bad for the role, even if you're talented.

He is a student of the game any many of his ex teammates said he’s the 1st guy in the building the last 1 out. The problem with kap was when Harbaugh left another coach tried to force him into playing in an offense not built towards his skill set, which is why when they hired Chip kelly kap got back on track.. 

20 minutes ago, Ockham said:

Kaep sucks and is a negative ticket seller.  Losing fans is not a good business model.

he had the one of the highest selling jerseys in the nfl while not playing lmao give me a break

4 hours ago, VY said:

Mariota goes down. 2 minutes to go. Down by 4 with the ball at your own 30. Henne doesn't have a snowflake's chance in hell in getting you into the endzone. Kaepernick at least gives you a shot. Think it's bogus to say that some of the guys getting signed before him are more talented, it's just not the case.

And in literally every other scenario Henne is the better option. Backup QBs have a job besides waiting to play. 

Even then I don't feel too good about Kaepernick. In all likelihood we lose either way.

Archived