The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

Just now, TitanLegend said:

Pollard had a decent amount of success in Pees system. Cyprien is somewhat similar as a player.

Definitely possible. I also, admittedly, have struggled to move on from my initial hatred of the signing. Maybe we go out, get Suh and a third pass rusher, and he's not a big concern when he's playing with a very talented pass rush and surrounded by a good free safety and three solid, starting caliber corners.

I see our biggest needs now as

1. ILB

2. OLB

3. OLINE

4. QB2

5. DLINE

6. Safety depth

7. WR/RB depth

If we can get Gabbert or Matt Moore and Suh we can get everything else in draft. ILB and OLB in first 2 rounds. Oline in 3rd. Then rest of draft get depth at S, RB, WR. Happiness

Here's the dilemma. Suh said he wants to take his time in deciding where to sign. However, as most of us know, we have until tomorrow to make a decision on Sly Williams contract.

Do we take a chance and cut Williams with no guarantee we'll get Suh or do we just bite the bullet in regards to Williams contract?

3 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Here's the dilemma. Suh said he wants to take his time in deciding where to sign. However, as most of us know, we have until tomorrow to make a decision on Sly Williams contract.

Do we take a chance and cut Williams with no guarantee we'll get Suh or do we just bite the bullet in regards to Williams contract?

No unless we feel Austin Johnson is ready to start at NT

3 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

I’d cut Sly anyway and attempt to find a guy even if it’s not Suh

I thought people would be talking about the big Colts trade in here. They have a lot of picks to play with this year after this trade with the Jets. If they can’t draft good players after this then there’s a big issue there. I hope they screw it up because they have a chance to getting back to being a good team if Luck is healthy ofcourse 

9 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I thought people would be talking about the big Colts trade in here. They have a lot of picks to play with this year after this trade with the Jets. If they can’t draft good players after this then there’s a big issue there. I hope they screw it up because they have a chance to getting back to being a good team if Luck is healthy ofcourse 

Saw the trade this morning. It has me concerned but I have faith in our team.

It was an excellent trade for the Colts... Highway robbery really. But they desperately needed it. They honestly could be the least talented roster in the league. Their first HC candidate rejected them. They haven't generated any buzz in FA... In spite of having a ton of cap space. 

Even if Luck returns this year, it looks like they're in full on rebuild... Build depth and keep it together for next year or the year after that.

As for Matthieu, I get he's a good player, but I've never understood the obsession with him here in Titania. He's a nice piece, a versatile, complimentary piece, but I dont see him as a core piece. 

He could help the Texans next year for sure, but he won't be the reason they're good or bad... Thats all on their front... Watt, Clowney, Mercilus, etc.

Our focus on D should all be aimed at the front 7. Suh gives us the potential all world DL opposite of Casey. I predict Casey would have a career/All-Pro type season. Jones and Austin or whoever they plug in at the nose would also have an incredible season as OLs would have nightmares thinking about Such and Casey. Add a solid 3 down ILB early in the draft, and the front 7 should be insane.

5 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

As for Matthieu, I get he's a good player, but I've never understood the obsession with him here in Titania. He's a nice piece, a versatile, complimentary piece, but I dont see him as a core piece. 

He could help the Texans next year for sure, but he won't be the reason they're good or bad... Thats all on their front... Watt, Clowney, Mercilus, etc.

Our focus on D should all be aimed at the front 7. Suh gives us the potential all world DL opposite of Casey. I predict Casey would have a career/All-Pro type season. Jones and Austin or whoever they plug in at the nose would also have an incredible season as OLs would have nightmares thinking about Such and Casey. Add a solid 3 down ILB early in the draft, and the front 7 should be insane.

Add that to a secondary with Butler/Ryan/Jackson/Byard/Cyprien.....:x 

4 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

The FA safety market has been frozen. Even Mathieu got less money from the Texans than expected. I would be very excited about a cheap 1 year deal for Eric Reid or Kenny Vacarro to come in and be a high snap 3rd safety. 

Reid, Vacarro or Morgan Burnett. Like you said, give me one of them for a 1 year deal.

Archived