The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

Been thinking about this Bennie Logan signing. Originally, I thought that if they added another d-lineman, it would be one would could get some interior rush. Bennie Logan doesn't do that, however he is most definitely a space eater and considering Avery Williamson is gone, i wounder if Logan's addition means Jayon Brown is the favorite to start opposite Woodyard this year. The one thing I would worry about with Jayon is teams running at him given his small size and the fact he doesn't take on blocks the way Williamson does. Well one way to make up for that deficiency in your LB play is to make it hard for opposing interior lineman to get to the second level because they have to deal with space eaters like Logan.

I was saying I would take a look at Dez if he is released. Well he is released. Bring him in JRob for a visit. He doesn't have much separation anymore but he is a beast in short yardage and the red zone.

8 minutes ago, lamont said:

I was saying I would take a look at Dez if he is released. Well he is released. Bring him in JRob for a visit. He doesn't have much separation anymore but he is a beast in short yardage and the red zone.

Seems like he's going to do whatever it takes to stay in the NFC East.

45 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I just don't get the appeal for Dez at this point. We'd be better bringing back Decker.

I don’t want to watch Decker drop everything all year again. I know Dez has lost a step but I’d take a flyer. We always look for an Andre Johnson Decker type so I hope the Titans take a look

11 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I don’t want to watch Decker drop everything all year again. I know Dez has lost a step but I’d take a flyer. We always look for an Andre Johnson Decker type so I hope the Titans take a look

Yes and Dez Bryant is known for his reliable hands. JRob has been preaching the importance of versatility and precision route running. Dez bryant only plays one WR position, the X. And if you hear former WR's and current DBs talk of him. He doesn't run too many routes well. If you bring him here, you are only taking valuable reps away from our current X WR, Corey Davis.

Pass man, Dez is more hype than skill at this point. Not to mention he's likely going to pull a Richard Sherman move and sign a low ball deal with a rival out of spite. 

1 minute ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Dez certainly isn't the most sure handed guy either.

Just for fun here's their stat comparisons from the past 3 seasons

Dez-38 games/300 targets/150 rec/2035 yards/13.6 YPC/17 TDs

Decker-34 games/236 targets/143 rec/1784 yards/12.5 YPC/15 TDs

I really don't want either one. However, I'd rather bring Decker back another year with Mariota(even with his drop issues, he and Mariota started to click late in the year) on the cheap, than to overpay for Dez on the same production(and talent imo).

39 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Conklin not even using any crutches and doesn't even appear to have a brace on, could be a good sign for his recovery.

I always wanted to know did he had a clean tear or suffered multiple ligament damage. Clean tear, he can be ready in 6-8 months

I wouldn't infer all of that just from a picture. At this point he likely doesn't need a brace or crutches for anything. He's probably closer to the rehabilitation phase than the recovery one. But its important to remember that the phycological element of trusting the knee you blew out is said to be just as difficult as the actual recovery.

Not to mention we are shifting to an blocking system which will require him to be much more mobile than our previous face up, power scheme Conklin was an All-Pro in. Conklin's fit in a zone blocking scheme is a question mark for sure.

3 hours ago, Chocolateman78 said:

I wouldn't infer all of that just from a picture. At this point he likely doesn't need a brace or crutches for anything. He's probably closer to the rehabilitation phase than the recovery one. But its important to remember that the phycological element of trusting the knee you blew out is said to be just as difficult as the actual recovery.

Not to mention we are shifting to an blocking system which will require him to be much more mobile than our previous face up, power scheme Conklin was an All-Pro in. Conklin's fit in a zone blocking scheme is a question mark for sure.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2016jconklin.php

A lot of his college scouting reports strongly felt he was better suited at G or T in a zone blocking scheme ??‍♂️ I was wondering the same thing though. 

4 hours ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Conklin played in a ZBS at Michigan State, nothing new for him.

Archived