Nacho Simulation Football League (S15 - Taco Bowl XV POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

Just now, iPwn said:

Linebackers stop RBs, but they don’t cost 3.

Okay.

Who earns bigger NFL paychecks? OTs or interior linemen? On average.

Who earns bigger NFL paychecks, pass rushers or inside linebackers?

If given the choice of an elite player, are you taking it at OT or OG/C? What about edge rusher or coverage backer?

5 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Okay.

Who earns bigger NFL paychecks? OTs or interior linemen? On average.

Who earns bigger NFL paychecks, pass rushers or inside linebackers?

If given the choice of an elite player, are you taking it at OT or OG/C? What about edge rusher or coverage backer?

Defensive Tackles make just as much money as EDGE players

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/defensive-line/

DTs also make more than Corners

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/cornerback/

Right Tackles make less than Guards

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/offensive-line/

To end this debate, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. These tags have been this way since I’ve entered the league 7-8 years ago as a young whipper snapper. 

In the grand scheme of things tags are meant to keep premier talent. That talent that “I believe” is most critical to have in this sim goes as such: QB-Edge-WR-OT-CB-RB......I believe the same holds true in real life. Some may say it’s not true with RBs in real life compared to the sim but I still value RBs. Look what Zeke did for Dallas or Fournette with Jacksonville. Hell Bell transforms into the most lethal do it all back and Pittsburgh offense is hard to stop since.

Closing thoughts as I stand by the tags Nacho has in place, in a perfect world where you’re starting a team would you want Zach Martin or Tyron Smith? Von Miller or Luke Kuechly? Patrick Peterson or Earl Thomas? To me it’s simple. To keep the best talent at the most important positions, you have to be willing to pay. #ItsCostToBeTheBoss

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I like the balance of player costs. I don't think anything should be changed.

I'm not saying it should be.

Just asking why the value is placed higher in OTs rather than Guards or Centers

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It matches the costs of EDGE and interior defenders. *shrug*

Yeah I get that. But I also believe nacho has said in the past that "a sack or TFL has to get through somewhere" when my offensive line was supporting 4 All-Pros in their sim prime. Now my offensive tackle Doug Free was horrendous compared to IMO how he would have played out on any other team. Due in part to him being the worst player on the line and thus giving up far more negative plays that weren't going to be attributed to the other four All-Pros.

If it's such a simple matter of "the weakest player on the line gives up the most negative plays" I don't see how one position could justify costing more than the other. Especially if you have two elite OTs, but in return your interior offensive linemen struggle due to their lower grade. Rather than being aided due to their partners higher grade.

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The alternative would be to base it on how good a player is and/or create a bidding system. And I don't want either one.

A flat "value" scale is simple and probably the best/easiest way to do it, in my opinion.

I agree. Just trying to find out what makes an OT more valuable than an OG or C.

Though I would actually enjoy a separate leauge with the same members/teams that has a bidding system/free agency in place rather than a draft. Seems like it could be fun.

10 minutes ago, Gmen4ev said:

Though I would actually enjoy a separate leauge with the same members/teams that has a bidding system/free agency in place rather than a draft. Seems like it could be fun.

I'm out if that happens. I don't have the time or patience for it. ?

1 hour ago, Gmen4ev said:

I agree. Just trying to find out what makes an OT more valuable than an OG or C.

Tackles are more influential against pass rushers than Guards or Centers which is why they are worth more. Left Tackle is one of the highest paid positions in pro football, and I really don't want to make a designation between Left and Right Tackle.

In general the tag prices reflect vaguely to average salary of those positions in the NFL. The obvious exception to this is DT, but it would kinda be unfair for 4-3 teams to have them cost 3 but ILB costing only 2.

10 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Yeah, Nacho. I know this is probably way more than is reasonably expectable for this league, but I would really like if we could get some of the stuff that the BDL has insofar as rosters and stuff. I don’t want to join that league because the voting system is just wholly unappealing vs a sim, but I’m kinda jealous of some of the stuff they have in place.

Making radical changes to this league seems not good. But it would be p dope if there was a secondary league with more of this available.