Nacho Simulation Football League (S15 - Taco Bowl XV POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

4 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I don't know what your message was, I'm just saying that if you asked him to vote in all of your own players, if that was indeed what you said, then I probably wouldn't count it either.

That’s what I said to get my vote in.  I’ve been one of the few guys whose voted for the past 8 seasons. I would get it to Bucs and they weren’t any homerism picks. Because I had the time to go and spend on it. The reason for his decision to not include my vote is taken out of context because I didn’t have the time. It wasn’t about going full homer but just to boost any of my guys if they were on the brink of making it. As if one more voted was needed to make it. But alas if you’re good with that so am I.. Bucs just admitted to blatantly going full homer so why does he get a pass? What is the difference if we’re quote on quote protecting the pro bowl? 

Edited by El ramster

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

That’s what I said to get my vote in.  I’ve been one of the few guys whose voted for the past 8 seasons. I would get it to Bucs and they weren’t any homerism picks. Because I had the time to go and spend on it. The reason for his decision to not include my vote is taken out of context because I didn’t have the time. It wasn’t about going full homer but just to boost any of my guys if they were on the brink of making it. As if one more voted was needed to make it. But alas if you’re good with that so am I.. Bucs just admitted to blatantly going full homer so why does he get a pass? What is the difference if we’re quote on quote protecting the pro bowl? 

I mean, I'm not saying that people aren't going to be a little homer but the distinction is actually submitting a ballot, I'd think. Perhaps we should think about reworking how the All-Star Bowl works but the way it works now requires a ballot to be submitted.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

I mean, I'm not saying that people aren't going to be a little homer but the distinction is actually submitting a ballot, I'd think. Perhaps we should think about reworking how the All-Star Bowl works but the way it works now requires a ballot to be submitted.

We should. Just don’t see what’s the difference between what I’m doing and what Bucs did. 

When he just admit what he did was wrong.. Mine isn’t even about that. Odell deserved it and so did My center Pouncey who had another elite year but they get robbed of votes bacuse I don’t have the time and equipment at the moment feel me big daddy? 

19 minutes ago, El ramster said:

And that’s fine. But it wasn’t done on purpose it takes like 40 mins to an hour on a lap top alone. Being on the phone would take up double the time. I don’t feel Gmens intention were to protect the all star game but more to be a dicky as he posted what I said without full context. 

But if you’re good with that so am I. 

Like I said. I did not bring it up. We could have settled this through pm, bringing in nacho if you disagreed. I'm sorry you feel as if I was actually trying to bully you/make you look foolish.

I was just answering your questions that you posted in thread.

Considering most owners don't seem to be interested in submitting ballots, I could literally just make the All-Star Bowl rosters determined programatically using the same method that determines Game MVPs and the Team MVPs on the stat page. (Which is to say each stat is worth a certain amount of points and the players with the most of those points at each position would make it)

Just now, Gmen4ev said:

Like I said. I did not bring it up. We could have settled this through pm, bringing in nacho if you disagreed. I'm sorry you feel as if I was actually trying to bully you/make you look foolish.

I was just answering your questions that you posted in thread.

I know that is your point. You mocked me and that was your point. Everyone good job! That retard who said vote everyone on my team not so good. Like what other point besides a blatant mock we’re you trying to make? And that’s fine I get it. I’m not hurt but don’t back track either bby all Gucci. Just understand the context of my message. Be a cool cat and do me that favor to add my votes. A PM wouldn’t have done much either as I wouldn’t have made he deadline and you never replied and said hey I can’t do much with that message please send a viable list. So what’s up? Why couldn’t you have done that. Instead of waiting a full 12 hours later? 

4 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Considering most owners don't seem to be interested in submitting ballots, I could literally just make the All-Star Bowl rosters determined programatically using the same method that determines Game MVPs and the Team MVPs on the stat page. (Which is to say each stat is worth a certain amount of points and the players with the most of those points at each position would make it)

For the record, this is that formula... its a bit complicated in some places but you shoudl get the idea:

public void calculateRating() {
        double puntNum = 0.0;
        if (punts > 0)
        {
            puntNum = 45.0;
            if (punts < 3)
                puntNum += (3 - punts) * 5.0;
        }
        double pancakeNum = 1.0;
        if (listedPos == FB)
            pancakeNum = 1.25;
        if (listedPos == OT || listedPos == OG || listedPos == C)
            pancakeNum = 1.5;

rating = (1.0 * (yardsPassing / 43.375))
                + (2.25 * tdsPassing)
                + (4.0 * interceptions) + (0.9 * fgMade) + (0.05 * xpMade) + (2.75 * sacks)
                + (3.0 * forcedFumble) + (2.5 * fumRec) + (4.5 * safety)
                + (0.25 * tackles) + (0.55 * tfls) + (0.385 * coverages) + (5.0 * tdDefense)
                + (0.3 * touchbacks) + (0.6 * in20) + (pancakeNum * pancakes)
                + (2.5 * tdsCatching)
                + (0.35 * (averagePuntDouble() - puntNum)) - (2.75 * (interceptionsThrown))
                - (2.15 * (fumbles)) - (2.1 * (fumbles2)) - (1.5 * (fgTrys - fgMade))
                - (2.0 * (xpTrys - xpMade)) - (0.9 * sacksAllowed) - (0.3 * tflAllowed)
                - (0.00325 * (attempts - completions));

if (listedPos != QB) {
            rating = rating + (1.0 * (yardsRushing / 20.35))
                    + (2.5 * tdsRushing);
        } else {
            rating = rating + (1.0 * (yardsRushing / 50.0))
                    + (2.0 * tdsRushing);
        }

if ((listedPos == 'DE) || (listedPos == DT)) {
            rating += (0.755 * coverages) + (0.078 * tfls) + (0.105 * tackles);
        }

if (listedPos != RB) {
            double dropWeight = 0.4;
            double catchWeight = 0.32275;
            if (listedPos == FB)
            {
                catchWeight = 0.14863;
                dropWeight = 0.05;
            }
            if (listedPos == TE)
            {
                dropWeight = 0.2;
            }
            rating = rating + (catchWeight * catches) + (0.2255 * tdsCatching) + (1.0 * (yardsCatching / 20.0) - (dropWeight * drops));
        } else {
            rating = rating + (0.14863 * catches) + (1.0 * (yardsCatching / 20.35) - (0.1 * drops));
        }

rating *= 10.0;

}

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

The reason I did not count it. And assumed you would agree is that...

1. There was 0 effort. Like I said, copy and paste your roster and throw in bad names for the filler spots. I would accept it.

2. It only benefits his players while negatively impacting everyone else. His players would get an auto 3 points for everything. This could likely bump worthy #2s out of their spot when they only received one 2nd place vote or two 3rd place votes. A ballot like I had asked at the very least for may have given an already #2 one extra point to keep their lead over an unworthy player.

I hope that 2nd point makes sense. In reality anyone who was filler likely would have not gotten a vote. But to have his players receive votes while no other player received any is the reason I did not count. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

For the record, this is that formula... its a bit complicated in some places but you shoudl get the idea:

public void calculateRating() {
        double puntNum = 0.0;
        if (punts > 0)
        {
            puntNum = 45.0;
            if (punts < 3)
                puntNum += (3 - punts) * 5.0;
        }
//        double returnNum = 0.0;
//        if (returns > 0)
//            returnNum = 15.0;
        double pancakeNum = 1.0;
        if (listedPos == SeasonDraft.FB)
            pancakeNum = 1.25;
        if (listedPos == SeasonDraft.OT || listedPos == SeasonDraft.OG || listedPos == SeasonDraft.C)
            pancakeNum = 1.5;

//tfls were 0.75 and 0.25 extra for DL prior to stuff change. tflAllowed was 0.45
        rating = (1.0 * (yardsPassing / 43.375))
                + (2.25 * tdsPassing)
                + (4.0 * interceptions) + (0.9 * fgMade) + (0.05 * xpMade) + (2.75 * sacks)
                + (3.0 * forcedFumble) + (2.5 * fumRec) + (4.5 * safety)
                + (0.25 * tackles) + (0.55 * tfls) + (0.385 * coverages) + (5.0 * tdDefense)
                + (0.3 * touchbacks) + (0.6 * in20) + (pancakeNum * pancakes)
                + (2.5 * tdsCatching)
                + (0.35 * (averagePuntDouble() - puntNum)) - (2.75 * (interceptionsThrown))
                - (2.15 * (fumbles)) - (2.1 * (fumbles2)) - (1.5 * (fgTrys - fgMade))
                - (2.0 * (xpTrys - xpMade)) - (0.9 * sacksAllowed) - (0.3 * tflAllowed)
                - (0.00325 * (attempts - completions));

if (listedPos != SeasonDraft.QB) {
            rating = rating + (1.0 * (yardsRushing / 20.35))
                    + (2.5 * tdsRushing);
        } else {
            rating = rating + (1.0 * (yardsRushing / 50.0))
                    + (2.0 * tdsRushing);
        }

if ((listedPos == SeasonDraft.DE) || (listedPos == SeasonDraft.DT)) {
            rating += (0.755 * coverages) + (0.078 * tfls) + (0.105 * tackles);
        }

if (listedPos != SeasonDraft.RB) {
            double dropWeight = 0.4;
            double catchWeight = 0.32275;
            //double fumWeight = 0.0;
            if (listedPos == SeasonDraft.FB)
            {
                catchWeight = 0.14863;
                //fumWeight = 0.0;
                dropWeight = 0.05;
            }
            if (listedPos == SeasonDraft.TE)
            {
                //fumWeight = 0.0;
                dropWeight = 0.2;
            }
            rating = rating + (catchWeight * catches) + (0.2255 * tdsCatching) + (1.0 * (yardsCatching / 20.0) - (dropWeight * drops));
        } else {
            rating = rating + (0.14863 * catches) + (1.0 * (yardsCatching / 20.35) - (0.1 * drops));
        }

rating *= 10.0;

//rating / (seasons * 0.5);
    }

Holy crap lol. That’s insane. A machine reads this? 

3 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Holy crap lol. That’s insane. A machine reads this? 

It's literally just java code.

I cleaned it up a bit by removing the comments.

And if that formula seems convuluted you should see some of the ones in the actual Simulation code, lmao.

2 minutes ago, El ramster said:

I know that is your point. You mocked me and that was your point. Everyone good job! That retard who said vote everyone on my team not so good. Like what other point besides a blatant mock we’re you trying to make? And that’s fine I get it. I’m not hurt but don’t back track either bby all Gucci. Just understand the context of my message. Be a cool cat and do me that favor to add my votes. A PM wouldn’t have done much either as I wouldn’t have made he deadline and you never replied and said hey I can’t do much with that message please send a viable list. So what’s up? Why couldn’t you have done that. Instead of waiting a full 12 hours later? 

I was poking fun at you yes. But I never named you because I knew that would be crossing the line. 

Like I said. I'm sorry you actually feel like I was bullying you. I actually enjoy our banter very much and appreciate you as an owner. 

I truly hope you can see that I was just busting your stones and did not actually mean to insult you or make you feel lesser in any way.

Also you're right. Maybe I did make a mistake by not letting you know your ballot was not valid. 

But like you have said previously. You've submitted a ballot the previous 8 seasons. I assumed(incorrectly) that you knew your latest submission was not valid.

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

It's literally just java code.

I cleaned it up a bit by removing the comments.

And if that formula seems convuluted you should see some of the ones in the actual Simulation code, lmao.

Lol I’ve seen some wild ones were I would design websites. Always admired coders man! They’re the brains of the net under paid and under valued... They made my life so much easier..