Nacho Simulation Football League (S15 - Taco Bowl XV POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

Just now, iPwn said:

I haven’t had a chance to fully look over it.

But I really can’t see how a rating that has never factored into Nacho’s grades being available for people to look at could be league damaging.

because those ratings are typically based off the metrics for the players, which does factor into the NSFL ratings, so if you see a player highly graded, chances are that player had good metrics that would convert to the league. It's an easy out for lazy owners who didn't do their own research to just take a quick look at that and draft a guy who they otherwise would have never taken, or in other cases avoiding drafting a 'name' player because their rating was real low. You eliminate the possibility of 'busts' from the equation.

2 minutes ago, El ramster said:

It's not you it's us. We're really that old school mafia type. We don't like using phones and we cover our mouth when we speak. 

I understand that too.  Those that put in the work are rewarded.  I get it.  

I just don't see how this ranking would damage the league.  This ranking system is completely different from what Nacho uses and just serves as a guide, not a end all be all rating.

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

because those ratings are typically based off the metrics for the players, which does factor into the NSFL ratings, so if you see a player highly graded, chances are that player had good metrics that would convert to the league. It's an easy out for lazy owners who didn't do their own research to just take a quick look at that and draft a guy who they otherwise would have never taken, or in other cases avoiding drafting a 'name' player because their rating was real low. You eliminate the possibility of 'busts' from the equation.

PFF metrics aren’t used anymore either.

According to whom? You?

According to Nacho, who explicitly said that when PFF increased the price of their stats to $200/year, he removed them from the grading equation.

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

According to Nacho, who explicitly said that when PFF increased the price of their stats to $200/year, he removed them from the grading equation.

And suppose he got access to their stats. Do you think he'd use them?

Edit: I don't recall him stating he removed PFF from the grading.

Edited by RuskieTitan

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

Yeah their pricing has gotten stupid expensive.  The only reason I use them is because they provide grading for offensive linemen and even those numbers are spotty.

And suppose he got access to their stats. Do you think he'd use them?

I mean he also said earlier this year that his only access to PFF was from a friend who only got the grades, and not the stats.

But you could just ask him instead of supposing hypotheticals. @TheKillerNacho

Don't have to ask him. I've given him my access.

This is a far bigger break in the integrity of the league than anything else posted.

Ruskie has indeed given me access to PFF's signature statistics this month. I  haven't gotten around to dusting off the old script but if I do then it will be taken into account this season. This is assuming they didn't change their HTML structure as well, haven't had the chance to check yet.

PFF grades are still worthless, always have been, never mattered. Only their signature stats.

As for ny92's spreadsheet, I'm not sure it's a wise drafting strategy to share your grades on a player, but I don't see a problem with it as it is completely unrelated to the actual player attributes.