Nacho Simulation Football League (S15 - Taco Bowl XV POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

1 minute ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

I think Adams is right up there, too. I personally had Hilton #3 behind Hill and Adams. 

I had 'em

1a. Tyreek

1b. Hilton

2. Adams

It was close. And I knew I was effed if I had to settle for anyone other than those three as my number one. Watkins and Jeffrey are probably better as number twos. Like my Diggs.

15 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Not coming at you or anything but I feel like you're coming in here trying to move mountains and such, but we already have a formula that's tried and true. I'm sure everyone appreciates all the work you put into this stuff but I find it completely unnecessary to be honest. I also think that if everyone is just updating a workbook I worry it will hinder the interaction between owners. That's one of the things I look forward too and I would hate to see that impacted - JMO, though. 

I actually like it. If it would directly change your lineup for the following game I feel like it would make nachos job far easier.

Realsitcally only around 1/2 of the owners will use it. But those who do would probably prefer it.

I know times in the past Ive (and others) have wanted to draft 5 practice squad players and use them as rotational guys between a 3-4 and 4-3 depending on matchups. But relying the message and getting nacho to change them every week is a hassle. But would be easy enough if we were able to do it ourselves.

10 minutes ago, Gmen4ev said:

I actually like it. If it would directly change your lineup for the following game I feel like it would make nachos job far easier.

Realsitcally only around 1/2 of the owners will use it. But those who do would probably prefer it.

I know times in the past Ive (and others) have wanted to draft 5 practice squad players and use them as rotational guys between a 3-4 and 4-3 depending on matchups. But relying the message and getting nacho to change them every week is a hassle. But would be easy enough if we were able to do it ourselves.

Being able to change up defensive gameplans would be pretty cool, but at the same time we'd have to make sure we track how much each player plays at X position in Y system, so that if someone was testing out a player as a 4-3 DE and 3-4 DE they don't exceed the 7 game limit at 4-3 and end up costing an extra tag (or trying to pull a Rammy and sneak a player for 2 tags across multiple seasons).

3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Being able to change up defensive gameplans would be pretty cool, but at the same time we'd have to make sure we track how much each player plays at X position in Y system, so that if someone was testing out a player as a 4-3 DE and 3-4 DE they don't exceed the 7 game limit at 4-3 and end up costing an extra tag (or trying to pull a Rammy and sneak a player for 2 tags across multiple seasons).

I don't trust anyone to be honest. I just assume you're all liars and cheats.

5 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I agree. Feel like this is also part of why nacho was hesitant to do it

3 hours ago, ny92jefferis said:

What's the reason for not including a salary cap?

We kind of already do with the keeper tag system. We are also not managing the same players year in year out so it then becomes a more complicated process.

And what contacts do we use, when do they lock down??

Do we use real life contracts that could screw over someone like @bucsfan333 who traded for Garappolo before the big contract, and now he's stuck with it??

Do we give out our own contracts? Who decides if they're good enough? What happens if I keep a guy but we can't get a contract agreed?

For me it adds multiple levels if extra complexity to the process which quite frankly, I don't have the time to work through. I love the simplicity of the league.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Feel like it would be pretty easy to keep track of when someone is in a 3-4 or a 4-3.

Say I wanted Kerrigan at 3-4 olb for 3 games 3-4 ilb for 4 then 4-3 DE for 4 and 4/3 OLB for 5.

Tracking that would be a nightmare by itself. Now tracking snacks and cox along with Vernon.

Maybe I want my saftey at 3/4 OLB for 9 games.

Just is super complicated for 1 team. Multiplied by 20 it' horrendous 

1 minute ago, Gmen4ev said:

Say I wanted Kerrigan at 3-4 olb for 3 games 3-4 ilb for 4 then 4-3 DE for 4 and 4/3 OLB for 5.

Tracking that would be a nightmare by itself. Now tracking snacks and cox along with Vernon.

Maybe I want my saftey at 3/4 OLB for 9 games.

Just is super complicated for 1 team. Multiplied by 20 it' horrendous 

Yeah I can see that. I feel like most people would just make the common switches though...a 4/3 DT to 3/4 DE, a 4/3 DE to 3-4 OLB etc.

5 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Yeah I can see that. I feel like most people would just make the common switches though...a 4/3 DT to 3/4 DE, a 4/3 DE to 3-4 OLB etc.

Yeah for sure. I know in the past I've wanted to run all DEs on the line vs heavy pass teams. It's just a lot to keep track of. Maybe with the thing njeffieris was talking about could track it for us.

Would make defensive scheming a lot easier 

1. Scranton Papermakers (8:00 AM) [From MEL] - Demarcus Lawrence, DE (DAL)
  2. Scranton Papermakers (8:45 AM) - NaVorro Bowman, ILB (OAK)
  3. Rhode Island Majors (9:30 AM) - Grady Jarrett, DT (ATL)
  4. Tacoma Thunder (10:15 AM) [From KC] - Mario Addison, DE (CAR)
  5. South Africa Woolly Mammoths (11:00 AM) - Stephon Gilmore, CB (NE)
  6. Seattle Sonics (11:45 AM) - Alshon Jeffery, WR (PHI)
  7. South Africa Woolly Mammoths (12:30 PM) [From IOW] - Akiem Hicks, DE (CHI)
  8. Motor City Machine Gunners (1:15 PM) - Kevin Byard, FS (TEN)
  9. South Africa Woolly Mammoths (2:00 PM) [From EGY] - Josh Sitton, OG (CHI)
  10. Egypt Starfalls (2:45 PM) [From CHI] - Tyreek Hill, WR (KC)
  11. Miami Sharks (3:30 PM) - Carlos Dunlap, DE (CIN)
  12. South Africa Woolly Mammoths (4:15 PM) [From RJ] - Sean Lee, OLB (DAL)
  13. Bikini Atoll Dungeness Krabs (5:00 PM) - Myles Jack, OLB (JAX)
  14. Richmond Flying Squirrels (5:45 PM) - Devonta Freeman, RB (ATL)
  15. Scranton Papermakers (6:30 PM) [From BAL] - Davante Adams, WR (GB)
  16. Kansas City Knights (7:15 PM) [From SOU] - Jay Ajayi, RB (PHI)
  17. South Africa Woolly Mammoths (8:00 PM) [From IND] - K.J. Wright, OLB (SEA)
  18. Miami Sharks (8:45 PM) [From TAC] - Kiko Alonso, OLB (MIA)
  19. Tacoma Thunder (9:30 PM) [From PHO]  - Eric Weddle, SS (BAL)
  20. Reykjavík Direwolves (10:15 PM) - Sheldon Richardson, DT (SEA)

Lawrence was a slam dunk. Best pass rusher available, and filled a huge need. A

I feel like Bowman got taken quite a bit higher than he should have. But he probably would've gone in the first anyway. B+

Jarrett was an interesting choice. The DT class was weak this draft. But I feel like Jarrett could've been had in the second or third. D

Addison was one of the best pass rushers available. Pairing him with Chandler Jones was a solid move. A

Gilmore was the best CB available. Pairing him with Bouye gives him one of the best duos in the league. A

I had Jeffery as the fourth best WR available. Taking him over some other guys might have been a mistake. C

I'm not sure how much impact 3/4 DEs have in the sim. Taking one at seven might've been a reach. But at least he's good.  B-

Byard had a breakout year. But he wasn't the best safety available. B

Sitton might've been one of the best players available in the draft. Can't knock the pick too much. A-

Hill being taken ahead of me is a big reason why I traded down. I think he's gonna have a good sim season as a WR and a returner. A

Dunlap was one of the better pass rushers available. I don't think the sim cares much about the difference between DEs and OLBs. B

Sean Lee might've been one of the best LBs available in the draft. Solid pick. B+

Jack was quite a reach. It's the second pick I don't like in the first. There are probably a dozen LBs I'd have taken first. D-

Freeman was the best RB available. I'm shocked he fell so far. A

Adams is a solid WR who's put up good sim numbers in the past. That trend should continue, especially as a number two. B+

Ajayi was a guy I was really hoping would fall to me. This RB class is weak, but Ajayi should be at the very least decent. B+

Wright was also one of the best LBs in the draft. Pairing him with Sean Lee was a good move. A-

Alonso feels like another reach. Like Jack, there are probably a dozen guys I'd rate higher. D

Weddle might have been the best player in the entire draft. The fact that he almost fell out of the first round is embarrassing. A+

Like I said, this DT class is weak. But I feel like Richardson or a similar talent could be had in the third or so. C-

I can understand not valuing the DT class much, but when 3 players at DT/3-4DE get taken in the first, it's clear that a number of owners are trying to address that position and those players probably wouldn't make it to the third where you feel their value is more in line. Overall good writeup, I do agree with you in that Jack and Alonso were overdrafted, both were a surprise for me in the first.